Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 750 Crashes During High Speed Downloads Over Ethernet

ChaseA2017
Aspirant

Orbi 750 Crashes During High Speed Downloads Over Ethernet

Experiencing this same issue, but on my RBR 750. 

Hardware & Firmware Information - 

Model - RBR 750 w/ 1 Sat

Firmware - V4.6.14.3_2.3.12

GUI Lang Version - V3.0.1.54._2.1.30.3

Internet Speed - 1gig Fiber

Modem - Arris NVG468mq - Currently in "BridgeMode"

Using Netgear Armour

Traffic Meter - Enabled

No other special (non-default) settings enabled

Using Netgear supplied ethernet cable running from Modem to router. Using CAT 6 ethernet cable to supply my desktop with interweb connectivity. 

Problem - Suddenly lose internet connection both hardwired & wireless to Orbi Mesh network after attempting to download games from Steam or other game clients like blizzard etc. Typical file sizes are large (Full Games, Game Patches, etc.). But, it seems only to happen when I initiate a download or auto-update occurs. 

I started noticing this behavior twice - Once was a couple months ago after an auto-update Orbi Firmware patch back in the summer. Then again after this recent firmware update to V4.6.14.3_2.3.12.

Suspicion - I'm wondering if by enabling "Traffic Meter", I did something to the router. My temp fix for this problem is to reboot. Since I don't really need Traffic Meter enabled, I shut it off. However, I haven't had a chance to test out the connection or recreate the problem again to tell if my fix worked or not. 

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 750 Crashes During High Speed Downloads Over Ethernet

Please go in and disable Armor and traffic meter in the Orbi app. After the app reports both are disabled, power OFF the ISP modem and RBR for 1 minute then back ON with the modem first then RBR. 

Test again and let us know your results. 

Message 2 of 6
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @ChaseA2017 ,

Which game do you download ?

which devices do you use ? ex: android/iOS device, laptop, macbook,...

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
ChaseA2017
Aspirant

Will do. I'll have to wait and test it tonight. 

After I complete the testing, will I be able to turn Armor back on?

Message 4 of 6
ChaseA2017
Aspirant

Wide variety of games. Not sure how that's relevant. 

Devices are primarily windows & potentially android or Mac (in terms of Apple TV and Firestick). My PC is the bandwidth hog. 

Its never been an issue before and considering this has occurred right after a firmware update, I'm thinking that's the reason why... 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you can re-enable Armor after testing. Be sure that when you disable Armor that you power OFF the RBR for 1 minute then back on. 

Were getting posts that users are disabling Armor and is stopping the router from crashing when downloading large file size games. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7