Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 750 Series Tri-Band WiFi adding NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch

Willys1994
Aspirant

Orbi 750 Series Tri-Band WiFi adding NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch

Before I purchase NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch (GS308E) I wants clarify, will this work with my netgear Orbi RBR750 and satellite and will it give me issues at all and can it connect to the router or satellite or does it need be connect to the modem? 

option 
Please don’t recommend it I know difference between a unmanaged switch and manage switch. I don’t want a unmanaged switch  

I Owned it: Orbi 750 Series Tri-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System, 4.2Gbps, Router + 1 Satellite
Planning to purchase from Amazon: NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch (GS308E) - Desktop or Wall Mount, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet Splitter, Silent Operation, Black
Model: GS308E|8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch
Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi 750 Series Tri-Band WiFi adding NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi 750 Series Tri-Band WiFi adding NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch

The only problems people see with switches are when the satellite is connected to the router through some switches.

If the satellite remains connected directly to the router, then switches can be connected to both the router and satellite so that many devices can connect to the network.

The switch should not be connected to the modem.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to disable any and all IGMP protocols on the switch and if present in the switches menus, any Green Ethernet options. 

Be sure to use good quality LAN cables. CAT6 is recommended. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy... 📡

@Willys1994 wrote:

Before I purchase NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch (GS308E) I wants clarify, will this work with my netgear Orbi RBR750 and satellite and will it give me issues at all and can it connect to the router or satellite or does it need be connect to the modem? 

option 
Please don’t recommend it I know difference between a unmanaged switch and manage switch. I don’t want a unmanaged switch  

I Owned it: Orbi 750 Series Tri-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System, 4.2Gbps, Router + 1 Satellite
Planning to purchase from Amazon: NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch (GS308E) - Desktop or Wall Mount, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet Splitter, Silent Operation, Black

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7