Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi AX4200 RBS750 Satellite

bgrg2000
Aspirant

Orbi AX4200 RBS750 Satellite

I recently puchased the Orbi AX4200 in an effort to equalize the WiFi strength in my home.  My ISP (Windsream) is terrible and provides poor speeds (18mbps) but I was hoping to cover the house with at least the same poor speed but many times the satellite just doesn't seem to be working so I think it is to far from the router.  The RBR750 is conected via Eithernet wire to the Windstram modem.  The RBS750 Satellite is currently about 50' away from the router but with only about 2 walls inbetween.  Is it possible to purchase another RBS750 to add a second satellite?  Is there a way to measure signal output from the satellite?

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try moving the RBS closer? 50" maybe a bit too far...Try 40 feet.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2346. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 10
bgrg2000
Aspirant

1) I moved the Satellite to 30' away from the router

2) Firmware says it is up todate but its number is:V3.2.10.10_1.2.12

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

3) ISP Modem: Windstream Wi-Fi Modem - T3200

4) NO actual neighbors.  The Windstream WiFi is on and a foot from the NG.  Also the Ring WiFi is on and about a foot on the otherside of the NG from the Windstream modem.  The Ring is running off the Windstream modem via WiFi.  Should it be running off the NG?  There is also a Nexia Home Hub runing a few Z-wave devices that is directly connected to the NG via Ethernet cable.

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2346. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

5) No clue how to do this, I can't find an advanced tab on the Orbi App

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

@bgrg2000 wrote:

1) I moved the Satellite to 30' away from the router

2) Firmware says it is up todate but its number is:V3.2.10.10_1.2.12

3) ISP Modem: Windstream Wi-Fi Modem - T3200

What mode is this modem working in? Router or Bridge? If router mode, This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

4) NO actual neighbors.  The Windstream WiFi is on and a foot from the NG.  Also the Ring WiFi is on and about a foot on the otherside of the NG from the Windstream modem.  The Ring is running off the Windstream modem via WiFi.  Should it be running off the NG?  There is also a Nexia Home Hub runing a few Z-wave devices that is directly connected to the NG via Ethernet cable.

Wifi on the modem needs to be disabled fully. Having the modem close to the RBR with both wifi going will be problematic. 

Possible noise and interference near the source RBR is causing the RBS to not work well. 

5) No clue how to do this, I can't find an advanced tab on the Orbi App

Use a PC or laptop and a web browser to make changes to the RBR. 

Message 4 of 10
Jimanator
Guide

I tried using the AP mode on the Orbi AX 4200 system and it crashed!  I turned off the wifi signal from my ISP modem, but can only use the Orbi in router mode.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make a new post and we'll try to help you out there. Thank you.

@Jimanator wrote:

I tried using the AP mode on the Orbi AX 4200 system and it crashed!  I turned off the wifi signal from my ISP modem, but can only use the Orbi in router mode.

Message 6 of 10
bgrg2000
Aspirant

Thank you.  I have disabled the WiFi in the ISP modem and the signal consistency seems better.  The one thing that is bugging me is this CTS and RTS numbers you mentioned.  I still can't find my way into the Orbi.  I have tried all the courses on my lap top but still can't gain access.

I was also told by Netgear that I can purchase an RBS850 AX6000 Satellite that is compatible with mine and extend the range more.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be able to access the RBRs web page at orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1 or maybe a 10.something address...what IP address do you see on your laptop when connected to the RBR? 

Message 8 of 10
Jimanator
Guide

No problems with laptop software seeing the devices.  It's just with the Orbi App.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

@Jimanator wrote:

No problems with laptop software seeing the devices.  It's just with the Orbi App.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7