Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App can't connect to RBR850 in AP mode...

nakenergy
Guide

Re: Orbi App can't connect to RBR850 in AP mode...

Same issue on AX4200. Unless the router is rebooted the IOS app does not connect. Once rebooted it connects for some time and then the same issue.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 26 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Please open a support ticket and let NG know what your seeing:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBS50Y.aspx#

Thank you. 

@nakenergy wrote:

Same issue on AX4200. Unless the router is rebooted the IOS app does not connect. Once rebooted it connects for some time and then the same issue.

Message 27 of 29
skant
Aspirant

I was using the Orbi RB750 in Router Mode and after whitching to the AP (Access Point) mode I was unable to login to the Orbi app on iPhone. 

Apple recently launched iCloud Private Relay, go to settings > click on "i" icon next to the WiFi. If Private Wi-Fi Address toggle button is enabled, please disable it. Re-launch the Orbi App on your iPhone and now you will see that the Orbi app is able to connect to the Router.

I enabled the Private Wi-Fi Address (iCloud Private relay) back again and now in subsequent Orbi app launch it never caused an issue. I guess it was a one time thing. However, iCloud private relay is supoosed to be limited to safari and iCloud only (AFAIK). I didn't do the RCA (root cause analysis). I'll investigate further once I have some time. 

iCloud Private LinkiCloud Private Link

Message 28 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe those features on Appled devices can and should be disabled while your at home. Theres really no need for these features unless your traveling out side of the home. 

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7