Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Model RBR750 - Orbi App says not iPhone not on Wifi

johnfschroeder
Follower

Orbi Model RBR750 - Orbi App says not iPhone not on Wifi

Just got my new Orbi RBR750 and it worked great for about 5 hours.   Then Guest network was not reachable on some devices .  Using my iPhone on ORBI40 network, I opened ORBI app and it tells me WiFi Not Detected.  I tried again several times, same result

I can connect using "Connect via Anywhere Access" but should the message says I am not connected to wifi.   I can do anything else on wifi - ie browser, apps, etc.  So what's happening here.

Also on Netgear support page, I try to contact supprt.  I get to a page that has a link for "I can't find my answer" but the link is hit and miss.  And when it hits it shows a menu for about 5 nanosecinds then it disappears.   WTF?

John Schroeder

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Model RBR750 - Orbi App says not iPhone not on Wifi

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Review the user manual and installation guides for help on setting up the system. Use a wired PC or laptop and web browser.

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@johnfschroeder wrote:

Also on Netgear support page, I try to contact supprt.  I get to a page that has a link for "I can't find my answer" but the link is hit and miss.  And when it hits it shows a menu for about 5 nanosecinds then it disappears.   WTF?

I believe when you register a product with Netgear, there is a link on the registration page to Contact Netgear.

https://kb.netgear.com/26904/How-do-I-register-a-product-on-MyNETGEAR 

New products come with 90 days of "complimentary support" and a one year product warranty.  (I chuckle at "complimentary", as if we did not already PAY for it.)  My first Orbi question came after I had it for over a year, so I have no personal experience with contacting Netgear.  I would dearly love to hear your report on how Netgear addresses your situation. (hint, hint. Contact Netgear)

This sounds like an Orbi "app" issue, rather than something specific to the AX product. When I open the Orbi app with my tablet that is connected to the Orbi WiFi (I use Android, but see no reason why the experience should be much different on iOS), two messages show on the screen:

• Checking Internet Connection, and
  • Connecting to Router

When does your WiFi not detected message appear?

Anywhere Access goes through the Netgear "Cloud".  This gives me the impression that the app has forgotten the credentials to access the router on the local network (LAN).  I am not a huge fan of the Orbi app.  Saying "WiFi not detected" when the iPhone is clearly connected to the Orbi WiFi and using the internet is just insulting.

Sorry to ramble (and rant).

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@johnfschroeder wrote:

Just got my new Orbi RBR750 and it worked great for about 5 hours.   Then Guest network was not reachable on some devices .  Using my iPhone on ORBI40 network, I opened ORBI app and it tells me WiFi Not Detected.  I tried again several times, same result

I can connect using "Connect via Anywhere Access" but should the message says I am not connected to wifi.   I can do anything else on wifi - ie browser, apps, etc.  So what's happening here.

John Schroeder

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7