Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK753S issue with Desktop only

JKH5199
Aspirant

Orbi RBK753S issue with Desktop only

I have an odd issue. I upgraded to the Orbi RBK753S sold at Costco. Setup was easy and everything is working except for one item. I have a desktop with an Asus Wireless PCI-E Adapter. For some reason this PC will connect, but it's very slow. I had an Eero before and had fast performance.

I've deleted the SSID and re-logged in, I've changed the DNS, I've also tried disabling the 20/40mhz coexistence and uPNP. I don't know what else to do. I'm running the latest drivers on the PC and the latest firmware on the Orbi.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK753S issue with Desktop only

Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 7
JKH5199
Aspirant

Thanks, I made the change, I’ve not seen any change as of yet.

Thanks
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the connection rate that the asus adapter is connecting at with the Orbi wifi? 

Message 4 of 7
JKH5199
Aspirant

It says 650Mbps. However when it does connect I haven't gotten anywhere above 30Mbps on a speed test. I have 500 Mbps service. 

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you disable AX mode? 

Ensure the adapter drivers are up to date.

Sounds like this adapter maybe having problems with Orbi wifi. If this is the only device thats having problems and others don't, I would look more into this adapter. 

Message 6 of 7
Chuck_M
Mentor

Can you/have you checked for updated drivers for that adapter?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7