Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR 750 issues with Netgear AC1750 cable modem

Gmurakami
Tutor

Orbi RBR 750 issues with Netgear AC1750 cable modem

i recently switched out Spectrum modem with Netgear AC 1750 and have Orbi connected as older cement brick house. Now Orbi speed test won't work and Netgear keeps telling me firmware needs to be upgraded, but I can't access router login site. Considering all devices are netgear I cannot figure out why not working. Considering returning cable modem for Arris modem. Please help with any advice.

Thanks in advance for any help
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Happy New Year. 

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 2 of 12
Mstrbig
Master

@Gmurakami wrote:
i recently switched out Spectrum modem with Netgear AC 1750 and have Orbi connected as older cement brick house. Now Orbi speed test won't work and Netgear keeps telling me firmware needs to be upgraded, but I can't access router login site. Considering all devices are netgear I cannot figure out why not working. Considering returning cable modem for Arris modem. Please help with any advice.

Thanks in advance for any help

Why do you want to just eliminate the Netgear AC 1750 router all together and just connect the Orbi router to the Spectrum modem, and set the Orbi router in router mode? 

Or are you referring to a different Netgear router?

Message 3 of 12
Gmurakami
Tutor

To clarify, I replaced Spectrum modem with the Netgear  cable modem. The Orbi router is connected to the Netgear modem.  The Spectrum modem was slow plus I wanted to get away from monthly fees. My house is older and made of cement brick. I need the Orbi router and satellies to extend the coverage

Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

I think he's referencing the NG cable modem which is probably a C series gatway router modem already. So if this is the case, then they just need to configure the modem for modem only mode. Which would be the first step in solving problems. 

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Need to bridge or set modem only mode on the NG cable modem if this is a modem with built in router and wifi. 

What C series model is the NG modem? 

@Gmurakami wrote:

To clarify, I replaced Spectrum modem with the Netgear  cable modem. The Orbi router is connected to the Netgear modem.  The Spectrum modem was slow plus I wanted to get away from monthly fees. My house is older and made of cement brick. I need the Orbi router and satellies to extend the coverage

Message 6 of 12
Mstrbig
Master

@Gmurakami wrote:

Then you gave the wrong model of the netgear, as your first post referred to a specific model AC-1750

AC1750 WiFi Router (netgear.com)

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 12
Gmurakami
Tutor

C6300v2 is tne modem router. I so appreciate everyone trying to help

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Go into the modems configuration and under Advanced tab/Advanced settings should be Mode or Router mode? Options maybe Yes or No. Select No and apply the setting. This will change the configuration of the modem to Modem only mode. When this happens I would power OFF the RBR for 30 seconds then power back ON. RBR should connect and show GOOD under Internet status on the RBRs web page. 

Message 10 of 12
Gmurakami
Tutor

@FURRYe38 your advice was awesome! I did what you recommended and so far so good. Your instructions were easy to follow and I'm hoping fix works. Not the most tech saavy so everyone's advice and support was helpful.

Thanks for the help and hope everyone has a safe New Years!  Gail

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Happy New Year. 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7