Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR 853 satelite changing colors all the time. What does it mean. Also ? wired backhaul

pr5889
Aspirant

Orbi RBR 853 satelite changing colors all the time. What does it mean. Also ? wired backhaul

I have an Orbi RBR 853 ( Router and two satellites) The first satellite is place about 60 ft in another room in the center of the house and also has a Cat 8 Ethernet cable used as an Ethernet back-haul.  The second satellite is placed about 40 feet beyond at the opposite end of the house in a wireless configuration. The intended use is a "daisy chain" network.  The second, farthest placed satellite appears to work but is constantly changing led colors on the front.  It will pulse white for about 8 times then change to solid blue. Then go back to pulsing white for about 8 times then go to solid blue.  It does this repeatedly all day.  The Orbi App will show either wireless connection to the satellite or the main router.  When I first setup my system a year ago, it did not behave this way.  Only recently am I getting the pulsing white, solid blue led show.  Any idea what to do?  I know pulsing white is the system updating configuration and the solid blue means a good connection.  Is the satellite alternating connection from the other satellite to the router? Just trying to figure out what is going on and how to stop it if I need too.

(another question): do I need the Ethernet cable back haul or will the Orbi wireless back-haul be enough?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR 853 satelite changing colors all the time. What does it mean. Also ? wired backhaul

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

RBS FW updated same as the RBR? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Are the RBS directly connected via ethernet to the back of the RBR or is there a patch panel or LAN switch in between? What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

What CAT# LAN cable is being used between the RBR and RBS? CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a power OFF of the RBR and RBS for 1 minute then back ON been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 4
pr5889
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR 853 satelite changing colors all the time. What does it mean. Also ? wired backhaul

That's my other problem. I can't access anything. My Orbi App, or any other way will not access the Orbi. I think it's a firmware problem that others have described.  Looks like I get the fun of doing a full system factory reset tomorrow.  I will pay attention to the firmware number once I reset everything.

My modem is a Nighthawk CM2000

Using all Netgear hardware.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes a reset is needed on the RBR...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7