Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR350 Satellite constant white flashing light

Wishawpubs
Aspirant

Orbi RBR350 Satellite constant white flashing light

On Sunday night I wanted to attached the my Orbi RBR350 to another router for testing purposes. I switched the device from router to AP mode. After the switch one of the 2 satellites wouldn't reconnect to the router, and now the light just flashes white.

Normally I have the networked connected to a Virgin Media router which is in modem mode. However, I've been testing a Tenda 4G+ router and wanted to bridge the network to that. I did this a few weeks ago without issue.

I've performed a factory reset on all 3 devices. Only the router and 1 satellite reconnect.

The non-working device will connect to the network via a LAN cable with the light turning to blue before going out. I can access the admin page, but the status wheel just keeps turning. I can also access the debug and hidden info menu, but not firmware update.

Also, I can connect to the device via my laptop and a static IP address via 192.168.1.250.

The device also seems to create 3 wifi connections : Backhaul, Guest and whc-D8A9A5.

I've tired a number of hard resets, and forcing a firmware update (might be doing this wrong though) but nothing seems to work. It also won't let me connect via telnet.

In the debug page there are a number of errors:

2.4G Coexist:            read failed for part : No error information in nvram_create_local opening file /tmp/nvram failed: No such file or directory Error opening file /tmp/nvram : No such file or directory in func nvram_create_hash Error while creating hash of nvram NVRAM Init error
2.4G Channel:            read failed for part : No error information in nvram_create_local opening file /tmp/nvram failed: No such file or directory Error opening file /tmp/nvram : No such file or directory in func nvram_create_hash Error while creating hash of nvram NVRAM Init error
5G Channel:              read failed for part : No error information in nvram_create_local opening file /tmp/nvram failed: No such file or directory Error opening file /tmp/nvram : No such file or directory in func nvram_create_hash Error while creating hash of nvram NVRAM Init error
start page:              read failed for part : No error information in nvram_create_local opening file /tmp/nvram failed: No such file or directory Error opening file /tmp/nvram : No such file or directory in func nvram_create_hash Error while creating hash of nvram NVRAM Init error

The kit is only 10 months old and has worked without issue until yesterday.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

**Moved from Orbi Forum**

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya if it won't re-sync wirelessly with older and most current, something on the RBS is faulty. Needs replacing. Contact NG support and ask about an RMA:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

How is the RBR set up for AP mode? Dynamtic or Static IP?

Is the RBR connected to the host router using it's WAN port? 

Did you bring the RBS to same room and turn ON and let them sync? How long did you wait for the front LED to turn BLUE? 

Message 2 of 11
Wishawpubs
Aspirant

I've performed a few factory resets on the router and both satellites with the router now being back as a router. Router is static on 192.168.1.1 and satellite is dynamic as far as I know.

The RBR is again connected to my Virgin Media router (modem mode) to the WAN port on the RBR. Both the router and one satellite connect without issue. The second satellite refuses to connect and just flashes white.

All 3 devices are within 2 metres of each other when trying to sync. The one satellite that does pair turned blue within 4 minutes. The other defective one also turns blue with in 4 minutes of connecting it with a LAN cable.

Last night I tried the 30-30-30 reset principle but still no joy. However, following the procedure the power light did flash red until I removed the power cable. 

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

@Wishawpubs wrote:

I've performed a few factory resets on the router and both satellites with the router now being back as a router. Router is static on 192.168.1.1 and satellite is dynamic as far as I know.

The RBR is again connected to my Virgin Media router (modem mode) to the WAN port on the RBR.

Both the router and one satellite connect without issue. The second satellite refuses to connect and just flashes white.

Bring the 2nd RBS to the same room as the RBR and try to sync the RBS here. Turn OFF the other RBS temporarily. 

All 3 devices are within 2 metres of each other when trying to sync. The one satellite that does pair turned blue within 4 minutes. The other defective one also turns blue with in 4 minutes of connecting it with a LAN cable.

Sync 1 RBS at a time with the RBR. 

Last night I tried the 30-30-30 reset principle but still no joy. However, following the procedure the power light did flash red until I removed the power cable. 

Message 4 of 11
Wishawpubs
Aspirant

Just performed another factory reset on all 3 devices. I left the "working" satellite powered down and started the setup process using the app on my phone.

The "non-working" satellite will still not connect.

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you ethernet connect the RBS to the back of the RBR? Can you access the RBS web page using the IP address it got from the RBR in a web browser? 

Message 6 of 11
Wishawpubs
Aspirant

If I hardwire the device I can access it's web interface using Edge. However, it won't let me do much....like activate telnet.

FYI. I've put router back in AP mode to see if that made any difference pairing....it hasn't.

orbi1.pngorbi2.pngorbi3.png

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Can't select Firmware Upgrade at all on the RBS web page? 

Message 8 of 11
Wishawpubs
Aspirant

You can click on the link but nothing happens. 

I've actaully just managed to flash firmware 4.3.4.8 onto the device using Tftpd. But won't connect.

Flashed back to 4.4.0.10, and still no connection.

I'm suspecting a hardware fault.

Message 9 of 11
Wishawpubs
Aspirant

Logged onto the working satellite via 192.168.1.250 using a LAN cable and the status screen shows the wireless networks.

To me this show signs of a hardware fault.

orbi4.png

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya if it won't re-sync wirelessly with older and most current, something on the RBS is faulty. Needs replacing. Contact NG support and ask about an RMA:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7