Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 and RBS750 Acting Up Again : (

mattg1960
Star

Orbi RBR750 and RBS750 Acting Up Again : (

At the end of May, ChristineT made available firmware V4.6.8.2_2.10T3. My router was restarting multiple times per day and I couldn't see my network on the iPhone app even though when it wasn't restarting everything seemed fine.

With ChristineT's update everything worked...no restarting and I could see everything on my app.

Now it is restarting again and I haven't changed any settings. The RBR750 router and both RBS750 satellites all show the same firmware but the router restarts and is unusable for a few minutes at a time. Also, on the Network Map on the app, the internet and router both show red.

WTF is going on? I haven't changed anything.

This was fixed and now it's not, and it is becoming unsustainable.

Please advise without telling me I need to reset everything and start all over. Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 and RBS750 Acting Up Again : (

Message 2 of 7
mattg1960
Star

That is the obvious thing to do. But this router is mission critical as we live in a valley with no phone service, so we use Wifi calling exclusively.

The point is to not play firmware lottery.

I'm looking for an explanation why the firmware from ChristineT stopped working.

I just want a high-quality, DEPENDABLE router that won't spy on me. I thought I had found it with the Orbi and paid a premium for it.

I will do a restart this weekend, but for now my wife's calls a Zoom meetings cannot be interrupted.

Any more ideas?

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Is SIP ALG enabled or disabled on your RBR? 

I have SIP enabled on mine. I'll check again. 

Well I was a a 2 hour long zoom meeting the other day with my mac book pro via wifi. Zero issues. 

Message 4 of 7
mattg1960
Star

I can't find a SIP/ALG setting anywhere. When I do a search I get instructions for where it should be but I don't see it (yet).

As for Zoom, it works great when the router isn't restarting and we lose the Wifi signal.

My problem is getting the router back to where it was...NOT restarting multiple times a day.

4.6.8.2 had seemingly solved that problem. 

What happened to make it unstable again?

I haven't touched a thing in months...

Message 5 of 7
mattg1960
Star

Just found it : )

The box next to 'Disable SIP ALG in not checked.

'Secured' is checked to the right.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if that changes anything. IF so, you should update FW. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7