Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750

ricci1
Tutor

Orbi RBR750

I have an RBR750 and 3 satellites RBS750 in my system. The first question is I see a new firmware for my router when I go in to Administration -> firmware update . The satellites say no new firmware available after I refresh. On the Orbi web page I see a firmware download option for satellites only. Very confused about this. Is that firmware update on the Orbi site for both router and satellites? Should I move forward with the upgrade to 4.6.14.3?  I am skeptical about the upgrade as I had issues before with upgrades. Also, I have lost power over the last month and it has become very difficult to get the satellites to all sync. Two are hard wired and one is extending on WIFI.  Thank you in advance for any guidance. 

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Its highly recommended to manually update the RBS first using the RBS web page to send the FW file to each RBS. Then update the RBR lastly using the manual tab on the FW update page on the RBR. 

Message 2 of 8
ricci1
Tutor

Hello FURRYe38 

Appreciate the response. 

Current firmware is V4.6.9.11 for both RBR and RBS 

The ONT is DZS 2424GN - fiber optic to CAT6 to the Orbi RBR 750 about 40 feet away 

Home size is 4,600 > Keep in mind I have two stories and one of the RBS is outside on a protective enclosure ( weather resistant ) to provide signal outside. 

Distance between the router and satellites is about 60 feet for each one. 

Copy on updating the RBS first followed by RBR. My question is should there be two different downloads ? One for RBS and one for RBR ? Where can I located them?  I found this on the Netgear web page RBR750 (Orbi Router) Firmware Version 4.6.14.3 but no reference to RBS ? 

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 8
ricci1
Tutor

Copy and thank you !

Message 5 of 8
ricci1
Tutor

One last question, does it make difference If I am updating using a Mac using Firefox or safari ? 

Message 6 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@ricci1 wrote:

One last question, does it make difference If I am updating using a Mac using Firefox or safari ? 

Any browser on any type of computer can be used to manually update firmware.

Message 7 of 8
ricci1
Tutor

Thank you 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements