Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR850 rebooting Randomly

zignice
Aspirant

Orbi RBR850 rebooting Randomly

I am having a reboot problem with Orbi AX600. I see where others have this issue, but I do not see that a solution has been found.

I am using the Orbi AX6000 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi System (1 RBR850 and 2 RBS850).

Since I purchased the system, it has been rebooting itself at random intervals every couple of days or so. Sometimes a few times a day. After about two weeks, it was getting so bad that I did a complete factory reset and went through the setup process again. Everything was fine for about three weeks, and then it started randomly rebooting again. Last night it rebooted, was on for about 10 minutes, and then rebooted again.

Tech support has been less than helpful and goes through the usual suggestions, firmware check, reboot, wait, and see.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
https://kb.netgear.com/19668/Link-Rate-and-Transfer-Speed

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Message 2 of 11
zignice
Aspirant

Tried changing the settings. It will take a few days to see if it makes a difference and then which of the settings was causing the issue.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 4 of 11
zignice
Aspirant

Currently running firmware 3.2.16.6, ONT is Verizon I-211M-L

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a full power OFF for 1 minute of the ONT and Orbi system been performed? 

Message 6 of 11
zignice
Aspirant

No, haven't done that.

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try next...

Message 8 of 11
gobblegobble
Aspirant

I've been having this same issue. Been on the phone with Netgear multiple times. This last time they had me change the Routers settings to use Google's DNS...not sure why that would cause a reboot.

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@gobblegobble wrote:

I've been having this same issue. Been on the phone with Netgear multiple times. This last time they had me change the Routers settings to use Google's DNS...not sure why that would cause a reboot.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@zignice wrote:

No, haven't done that.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos