Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBRE 960 shows out of sync with satellite, even though i have devices connected to satellite

sfgtsfn
Aspirant

Orbi RBRE 960 shows out of sync with satellite, even though i have devices connected to satellite

could not get sync to work, however I did get blue light and devices are connecting to satellite.  just shows OOS and everytime I try to resync is says attempt failed.  both devices have same firmware, been reset and are only 20ft away.  is this just a software issues or something i should be concerned with?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBRE 960 shows out of sync with satellite, even though i have devices connected to satellit

What browser are you using? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

How are you resetting the system? Are you resetting and setting up from scratch both on the RBS and RBR? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 6
sfgtsfn
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBRE 960 shows out of sync with satellite, even though i have devices connected to satellit

chrome, v6.3.7.10, I have reset both and started from scratch.  xfinity internet CGM4981COM is modem

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

How are you setting up the system after a FR? Web browser and setup wizard, adding RBS using the RBRs Add Satellite option or Orbi app? 

Do you see a Generation Backhaul Password button under Advanced tab/Advanced/Wireless settings on the RBRs web page? 

Message 4 of 6
sfgtsfn
Aspirant

I have set it up via router interface and the Orbi app.  I do have a Generate button 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Might FR the RBS then power them OFF. Then select the Generate button. Power ON one RBS one at a time and sync the RBS using the sync button on the RBS and RBR or Add Satellite wizard...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7