Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Upgrade from RBK50 to RBK752/AX4200

aestrella
Tutor

Orbi Upgrade from RBK50 to RBK752/AX4200

I've been enjoying my Orbi RBK50 for over 3 years now and ready to upgrade to Orbi RBK752/AX4200. I'm looking for some suggestiojns/tips to make the swap painless.

My current setup:

Verizon Fios Gigabit - OTN connected directly to Orbi via Ethernet cable. Not using ISP router.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

One thing to do is set same SSID name and password on new system. You can set up the new system while leaving the RBR50 ON. Once the new system is online, just turn OFF the RBR50 and your device will and should auto connect to the new system. You can disconnct the RBR50 from the ONT and leave it ON whilst you set up the ONT with the new RBR750. Once thats setup and up and running with same SSID name and PW, turn OFF the RBR50. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

One thing to do is set same SSID name and password on new system. You can set up the new system while leaving the RBR50 ON. Once the new system is online, just turn OFF the RBR50 and your device will and should auto connect to the new system. You can disconnct the RBR50 from the ONT and leave it ON whilst you set up the ONT with the new RBR750. Once thats setup and up and running with same SSID name and PW, turn OFF the RBR50. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7