Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK752) Forcing 2.4GHZ on certain devices

LawKrush
Aspirant

Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK752) Forcing 2.4GHZ on certain devices

Hi all,

My Arlo Baby montiors (two (2) of them) are pretty far away from the router and above (upstairs) from the satelite.  It's currently showing that its connected to the 5ghz band, but it's very laggy and disconnecting.  Please note my wifi with this router is fantasic outside of this issue.

I feel the Arlo's need to be connected on the 2.4ghz band, however it seems there is no way to do that through the app or desktop.  

Do we know if they will add that feature or are they working on such? 

If not, is my only option to "forget the network" on those devices and either (i) reduce the 5ghz band to 25% output and reconnect and then bump back to 100% or (ii) turn of 5ghz, reconnect and then turn 5ghz back on?

Thanks in advance,

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK752) Forcing 2.4GHZ on certain devices

In the first priority, it's the wireless client selecting the BSSID and the band to be used.

In the second priority, Mesh systems like the Orbi AX broadcast WiFi information packets with alternate BSSID (radio MAC)  these are targeted to all wireless clients on the same SSID - thus dedicated handling for some clients is impossible.

Challenge Arlo why the Baby does not honour 802.11k and 802.11v and why it might be sticky on the 5 GHz radio therefore.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK752) Forcing 2.4GHZ on certain devices

@LawKrush wrote:

Hi all,

My Arlo Baby montiors (two (2) of them) are pretty far away from the router and above (upstairs) from the satelite.  It's currently showing that its connected to the 5ghz band, but it's very laggy and disconnecting.  Please note my wifi with this router is fantasic outside of this issue.

I feel the Arlo's need to be connected on the 2.4ghz band, however it seems there is no way to do that through the app or desktop.  

Do we know if they will add that feature or are they working on such? 

If not, is my only option to "forget the network" on those devices and either (i) reduce the 5ghz band to 25% output and reconnect and then bump back to 100% or (ii) turn of 5ghz, reconnect and then turn 5ghz back on? This would be the first suggestion that should work.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7