Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Wifi 6 RBK353 - port forwarding turns off after a few days

beansontoast
Aspirant

Orbi Wifi 6 RBK353 - port forwarding turns off after a few days

Hello!

I'm on  firmware   V4.4.0.10_2.10.63.

I've set up   fairly standard port forwarding. It works when I first set it up, but then after a few days - it stops working. I can go in to the settings again, and it is still listed - but it is not working.

If I delete it, and re-add it, it starts working again... but obviously this is not ideal, because I have to keep deleting & re-adding the settings every time it stops working.

Any idea why it might stop working?

The local host for portforwarding has its IP reserved in DHCP, so the IP address is not changing. Nothing is changing, it just stops working - I put the settings back in exactly the same & it starts working again.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Have you set up IP address reservations for the devices your using in the PF configuration?

Did you disable uPnP before setting up the PF configuration?

Message 2 of 6
beansontoast
Aspirant

hello!

Thanks for your quick reply.

The router just connects straight  to the little Openreach Fibre thing, which doesn't seem to have a manufacturer or model number on it - it's just a wall mounted box, about 8cm x 8cm that says "Openreach" - connected by Ethernet to the Orbi router... & then has the fibre cable to the internet coming out of it on the other side.   Worked with my previous 2 routers doing port forwarding absolutely fine, though. 

Yes - IP reservations are set .

No - haven't turned off uPnP. Does Orbi only support Port Forwarding with uPnP turned off?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Most routers need uPnP disabled if you set a manual PF configuration. Something to try. 

Message 4 of 6
beansontoast
Aspirant

Ah, cool. I have really very little idea what uPnP is - so I'll turn that off & see how we go! 🙂 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Think of it as a automatic port forwarding configuration tool. Automatically sets up port configurations were needed with out any user intervention. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7