Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi firmware downgrade

HansWest
Aspirant

Orbi firmware downgrade

I have an orbi rbk852 firmware V4.6.8.2. because I had problems I wanted to downgrade to V4.6.3.16 I downgraded the satelite but now I can't connect to the router. The router is still the new version. What should I do. please help

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. I would reset the RBR first and set it up from scratch and get it running. Once it's up and running, bring the RBS to same room or near the RBR and turn it on. Factory reset and once it starts to pulsate WHITE in front, press the sync button on the RBS then press sync button on RBR or use the RBRS Add satellite web page feature.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

did you try factory resetting it? 

Message 2 of 6
HansWest
Aspirant

I have now only updated the satellite. but it no longer makes contact with the router. do the versions of the firmware have to be the same or can they also be different. I don't dare to downgrade the router now. I reset the satellite but can't connect to the router

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes FW versions need to be the same. If you downgrade, load FW on the RBS first using the RBS web page. Then downgrade the RBR lastly to same version as what you loaded on the RBS. Same goes for upgrading FW. 

Message 4 of 6
HansWest
Aspirant

i have them both now on firmware 4.6.3.16 i am trying to sync them now pressed both buttons on router and sattelite but wont connect. do i have to reset them both?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. I would reset the RBR first and set it up from scratch and get it running. Once it's up and running, bring the RBS to same room or near the RBR and turn it on. Factory reset and once it starts to pulsate WHITE in front, press the sync button on the RBS then press sync button on RBR or use the RBRS Add satellite web page feature.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7