Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi guest network isolation with RBR50

jhkc
Follower

Orbi guest network isolation with RBR50

Hello Community,

I have an RBR50 and failed to connect the ecobee thermostat to my Apple Homekit app on the guest network until I checked the box "Allow guests to see each other and access my local network". It connects with no problem now but I can't separate IoT devices from primary devices now, so I am compromised in terms of security. Is there any way to configure around this on this model or does NetGear have a newer router that truly allows IoT devices to see only guest network devices and not the whole network?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi guest network isolation with RBR50

The whole purpose of a guest network is to isolate them from other devices. 

So if you're putting them on a guest network, you're setting them up to not integrate very well. 

So its a choice you're making. Either put them on the guest with access to everything enabled and have stuff work, have them on the guest with the option disabled and issues with integration, or just put them on the main network. 

And as much as I've seen "security issues" on IoT device, I've had a bunch on my network without issues. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7