Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi rbk 852 Sennheiser Ambio soundbar

HansWest
Aspirant

Orbi rbk 852 Sennheiser Ambio soundbar

The Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar does not want to connect WiFi to the Oribi router rbk852

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi rbk 852 Sennheiser Ambio soundbar

what modem/gateway do you have? 
What actually happens? 
What error do you get? 

What firmware is on the router? 

Details are key in helping out.

Message 2 of 8
HansWest
Aspirant

my router is an orbi rbk 852 which i can't choose in the menu of this forum. My Sennheiser Ambio Soundbar will not connect to WiFi orbi rbk 852. If I try my old modem, it works without any problems. When I try WDS the Soundbar keeps searching for the WiFi but does not connect. If I enter the data manually, no connection is established. orbi is on latest firmware V4.6.3.16 Soundbar also latest firmware 1.0.153 both not the cheapest but does not work as it should.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

1. what modem/gateway is the orbi connected to. I understand which orbi you have. 

2. Did you try the wps method of setup using the orbi? 

https://kb.netgear.com/31239/Does-Orbi-support-Wi-Fi-Protected-Setup-WPS

3. did you check with Sennheiser? 

Message 4 of 8
HansWest
Aspirant

my modem is a ziggo connect box which is now in bridge mode. When I used it as an access point I had no problems. That's why I'm assuming it's not a Soundbar problem. Or it is a problem with orbi in combination with the Soundbar. My internet modem is now separate from it. I should be able to connect even without an internet modem. I use the wps of the orbi router and let the soundbar search without results. I have checked with Sennheiser but problem is not known there.

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Why not try the ziggo box in router mode but put the orbi's ip address into the ziggo's dmz? 

Have you tried that option? 

Message 6 of 8
Mikey94025
Hero

The Ambeo supports 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz so it shouldn't have compatibilitiy issues like some older 2.4Ghz devices, but maybe it doesn't like the AX mode.  You can still try setting your CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 to maximize compatibility with older wireless devices:

1. Go to the web admin portal at http://orbilogin.com/
  2. Click to the Advanced tab, Advanced left menu, Wireless Settings
  3. Set CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 for both 2.4hz and 5Ghz networks
  4. Press Apply

See if that helps.  If problems still persist, next try disabling AX mode for the 2.4Ghz and/or 5Ghz bands:

1. Go to http://orbilogin.com/
  2. Click to hte Advanced tab, Setup left menu, Wireless Setup
  3. Uncheck "Enable 2.4G" under the top Enable AX section
  4. Press Apply
Message 7 of 8
HansWest
Aspirant

hoi Plemans,

I will consider the option. But I have no problem with the internet. The problem is the connection between the soundbar and the orbi router.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7