Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi rbk353 ax1800

ABinaku
Aspirant

Orbi rbk353 ax1800

I have the orbo rbk353 for about 2 weeks i kept it in router mode for about 1 week and then changed it to ap modus. The problem im facing is that the orbi router is giving out a solid purple light and i don’t know why does somebody on this forum know the answer.

Modem/router: ZTE  H369A

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your using the Yellow WAN port to connect the RBR to the host router, even in AP mode...

Make sure cable between the host rouer and RBR is of good quality. CAT6 is recommended. 

@ABinaku wrote:

I have the orbo rbk353 for about 2 weeks i kept it in router mode for about 1 week and then changed it to ap modus. The problem im facing is that the orbi router is giving out a solid purple light and i don’t know why does somebody on this forum know the answer.

Message 3 of 11
ABinaku
Aspirant

I gave my RBR connected from the wan port to the lan port on my modem/router and im also using the correct cable
Message 4 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

@ABinaku wrote:

I have the orbo rbk353 for about 2 weeks i kept it in router mode for about 1 week and then changed it to ap mode. The problem im facing is that the orbi router is giving out a solid purple light and i don’t know why does somebody on this forum know the answer.

The ZTE H369A device does appear to be a combination modem/router/dual band WiFi.

There must be "at least one" router.  (There can be more than one router. I have connected three in a row. There are drawbacks to having more than one router. But there must be at least one.)

Can you verify with the ISP how the H369A is currently running?  (modem only or modem/router?)

If the ZTE  H369A is currently in modem only mode, and the Orbi is in access point mode, then you have zero routers and there is no way for the Orbi to get an IP address.

Message 5 of 11
ABinaku
Aspirant

Im not exactly sure. The only thing i turned off on my zte router was my wifi so i dont have double wifi downstairs. I have internet even when the purple light is on in Ap modus. So i think the orbi gets the ip from thw Zte.
Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Check the RBRs Advanced HOME page and see if there is a IP address listed in the Internet section. Should be a 192.something.

Does this reporting an IP address here? 

Try setting up a static IP address ON the RBR in AP mode.

What is the IP address pool size range on the ISP modem? 192.168.something.2 to 254? 

Message 7 of 11
ABinaku
Aspirant

I was planning to try setting a static ip but i was wondering if it wasn’t bad have a static ip?
Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Its not a bad thing. Helps to ensure the IP is set, the IP address doesn't change so you know where to access the RBRs web page at any time with out having to look at the host routers web page to find out what IP address was given to the RBR when using Dynamic IP mode. 

Message 9 of 11
ABinaku
Aspirant

Okay im gonna give it a try today or tomorrow thank you for the response i will let you know how it goes
Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements