Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi satellite rbs850 wrong serial number

Skycutie
Aspirant

Orbi satellite rbs850 wrong serial number

The WiFi keeps dropping connection. Upon further inspection, I noticed the serial numbers from the app & actual satellite are wrong.
How do I fix this? And will this actually make the satellite work?

This has been a fiasco trying to improve my WiFi range with Orbi.

Thank you in advance for your prompt response.
Message 1 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@Skycutie wrote:
The WiFi keeps dropping connection. Upon further inspection, I noticed the serial numbers from the app & actual satellite are wrong.
How do I fix this? And will this actually make the satellite work?

This has been a fiasco trying to improve my WiFi range with Orbi.

Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Any new firmware update recently?

Roboot the Orbi and see if it corrects it. Instead of the app, what does it show if you go to orbilogin.com?

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Mstrbig wrote:

Any new firmware update recently?

Roboot the Orbi and see if it corrects it. Instead of the app, what does it show if you go to orbilogin.com?

Where does the Orbi web interface show the serial numbers for the router and satellite(s)?

I so seldom use the "app" that I had never noticed that it displays the device serial number.  Have been through much of the web interface and cannot find it.

Message 3 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@CrimpOn wrote:

Where does the Orbi web interface show the serial numbers for the router and satellite(s)?

I so seldom use the "app" that I had never noticed that it displays the device serial number.  Have been through much of the web interface and cannot find it.

Don't think it's available in the Web interface.

In the app Load the app, click the big router, click on router or one of the satellites, click details.

Message 4 of 6
Skycutie
Aspirant

Thanks!
Gave us a hard reset...
it’s still in/out. When I test the WiFi speed Orbi has crazy high numbers vs. Speedtest app (which I’m finding much more accurate).

The website reads the same serial numbers as the app for the satellite.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Be sure to post about Orbi AX questions or information over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

@Skycutie wrote:
Thanks!
Gave us a hard reset...
it’s still in/out. When I test the WiFi speed Orbi has crazy high numbers vs. Speedtest app (which I’m finding much more accurate).

The website reads the same serial numbers as the app for the satellite.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7