Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbie RBK753 Stereo connection

Joplin
Aspirant

Orbie RBK753 Stereo connection

Can Orbi RBK753 connect to a non-wifi stereo amplifier? Can it plug into the stereo using ethernet cable, to adapter, to RCA plug?  Then I would use current Ipod to play music over wifi into stereo Amp.  Will this work?

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbie RBK753 Stereo connection

Not unless you install some forum of wifi/ethernet adapter to the non wifi/ethernet stereo. Something to look at amazon to see if there is such a thing. 

Message 2 of 7
Chuck_M
Mentor

Sounds like your stereo is a non-networked non-digital device.   If that is true, the answer is no.

Can you reply with the make/model of your stereo you are talking about?

Message 3 of 7
Joplin
Aspirant

The stereo amp is a Yamaha R-S700,

Message 4 of 7
Chuck_M
Mentor

Not a digital or networked Amp.

Message 5 of 7
Joplin
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for checking into that.
Even if I connect the router to the amp with cables and adapters, the music won't play?
I discovered 3' Ethernet wire that I can plug into a female adapter to RCA twin male plug. For this setup to work I would need a digital amp?
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to find a networking adatper that supports RCA inputs/outputs from the RCVR to a wifi or ethernet broadcast. IT depends upon if your wanting to send music from a mobile device to the RCVR or send music signal from the RCVR to a wireless signal. Something youll have to check with the Mfr of the neworking adapter, that if they have this item, check to see what it supports and how it's used. It maybe something like Bluetooth were you might be able to hook up something to receive a BT signal from a phone or pad and play it on the RCVR. In this case Orbi wifi won't be needed. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7