Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbilogin issue

Meddyb
Aspirant

Orbilogin issue

Hello All,

I have recently bought an Orbi AX6000 ( RBR850 + RBS852)

I never could connect to the orbilogin.com or .net, nor via the Ip address as I am always prompted with the hereunder message no  matter the method.

I am well connecte to the orbi network in wifi ( router mode as I can change to AP since I don't have access to the config page obviously ), and I also have tried with ethernet cable.

The browser I use is chrome and explorer to try to get there.

DO I need to reset to factory settings at this stage ?

Thanks

Orbilogin.JPG

Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Orbilogin issue

@Meddyb wrote:

Thanks Mikey,

I can't reset now as I am working from home, I'll do that later in the week hopefully

The result as stated in the very first message is the same 

I just tried again on http://10.0.0.1 and same issue

If you see "Router Password Reset" screen then it means you entered the wrong Username/Password.  If your browser is not displaying a popup dialog to enter Username and Password before showing the page, then something on your PC is preventing it from appearing or blocking the input.

Have you tried going to http://10.0.0.1 on another device, like your phone's browser?

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 16

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a factory reset on it? 

when you're reinstalling it, make sure that the password hits all 4 requirements under the password option. 

Message 2 of 16
Meddyb
Aspirant

Thank you plemans,

Well a factory reset is what I wanted to avoid obviously .

On the first setup I did well put a username, passwrd and assigned two retrieval questions, actually I am using these credentials o log in, but I always end up on the same screen

Message 3 of 16
Mikey94025
Hero

@Meddyb wrote:

The browser I use is chrome and explorer to try to get there.

It is very strange that if your device's network gateway is configured to your Orbi in Router mode that going to that IP address doesn't access the Orbi's admin website.  When you try the IP, what is the error displayed by the PC browser?  If this is on a laptop, can you also try on a different device, like your mobile phone's browser?

If this is a PC, can you Win-R "cmd" and give us the output of "ipconfig" for IP Address / Default Gateway and confirm this is the IP address of your Orbi?  For example mine shows:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.40
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ca9e:43ff:fed6:1327%12

Message 4 of 16
plemans
Guru

The password recovery feature is flawed. If you don't know the answers, don't type the right, or didn't set them up, it still tries to run password recovery but just loops. 

Its why I think the password setup was either not correct or flawed

Message 5 of 16
Meddyb
Aspirant

OK, I'll try then to reset it Thanks

For mickey my IP is :

Adresse IPv4. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 10.0.0.6
Masque de sous-réseau. . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Passerelle par défaut. . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1

Message 6 of 16
plemans
Guru

You put you're trying to log into it to change it to ap mode? 

Message 7 of 16
Meddyb
Aspirant

Yes I am under the router config now, I read that it's better to kill the router wifi from the ISP and to switch to AP mode, for a better orbi wifi usage

The fact is that I can't do that from the Ios app

Message 8 of 16
Mikey94025
Hero

@Meddyb wrote:

For mickey my IP is :

Adresse IPv4. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 10.0.0.6
Masque de sous-réseau. . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Passerelle par défaut. . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1

If you don't go and succeed with the reset route then...

Try going to "http://10.0.0.1" in your browser.  Do you get the Orbi admin website?  If not exactly what error does the browser display?  Try the same too on your phone (connected to the Orbi wireless).

Message 9 of 16
Meddyb
Aspirant

Thanks Mikey,

I can't reset now as I am working from home, I'll do that later in the week hopefully

I just tried again on http://10.0.0.1 and same issueorbilogin 10001.JPG

Message 10 of 16
Mikey94025
Hero

@Meddyb wrote:

Thanks Mikey,

I just tried again on http://10.0.0.1 and same issue

If you see "Router Password Reset" screen then it means you entered the wrong Username/Password.  If your browser is not displaying a popup dialog to enter Username and Password before showing the page, then something on your PC is preventing it from appearing or blocking the input.

Have you tried going to http://10.0.0.1 on another device, like your phone's browser?

Message 11 of 16
Meddyb
Aspirant

Hi Mikey,

That's a very good point and my apologize for not raising this, as I took it as granted as being part of Netgear issue and it's probably on my side.

I am indeed prompted with a login/pwd box in which I enter my login details as you can see hereunder.

Now this is a major breakthrough for my understanding, since this clearly indicates that the root cause of this is the credentials !

I know now I have no choice but to reset-up everything from scratch !

Thanks a lot both for your kind support you and plemans

login.JPG

Message 12 of 16
Meddyb
Aspirant

One last question for the reset procedure please

Does the paperclip procedure have to be done on both the router and the satelite or just the router ?

Thanks 

Message 13 of 16
Mikey94025
Hero

@Meddyb wrote:

Does the paperclip procedure have to be done on both the router and the satelite or just the router ?

Thanks 

You only need to reset the router via the paper clip.

Message 14 of 16
Mikey94025
Hero

@Meddyb wrote:

Thanks 

But you don't need to use the paperclip and reset the router if all you need to do is reset the password.  You might try just resetting the password first, otherwise you will have to complete the Orbi setup all over again.  Have you tried following the instructions and start by entering the serial number as prompted?

Message 15 of 16
Meddyb
Aspirant

Hello,

Just to confirm I have reset the RBR850 ( the RBS did not seem to work with  the paperclip procedure ) and it's all fine now finally !

I can access the routeur configuration page

I have set the AP mode

Thank you 

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7