Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Philips Hue drops my Wifi internet from 650Mbs to 95Mbs

Yoski1971
Aspirant

Philips Hue drops my Wifi internet from 650Mbs to 95Mbs

I have a Virgin Media Gigabit router and a Netgear RBR350 Router with 3 Satellites - Everything works perfect when i disconnect the philips hue beidge - as soon as i plug it it the Wi-Fi on the Netgear drops to 95Mbs but the Wi-fi speed on the virgin media router is fine.

I have plug the bridge into the ethernet of the Netgear router and the Virgin router and the same problems happens.

I have also change the channel to 25 on the philips bridge.

I just can figure out what the problem is,

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Whats the distance between the RBR/RBS and this Philips Hue device. Maybe too close. 10-20 feet distance in between maybe needed or more. Seems like the device is causing noise in the environment. 

What channels are you using on Orbi? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
Yoski1971
Aspirant

Thanks for all that information.
The problem only happens when I plug in the Philips Hue Bridge as soon as I disconnect the ethernet from the Philips bridge speeds rocket up.

I will try the channel changing and try moving it away from the router and I might change the ethernet lead also.

Thanks for all your information
Message 3 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

@Yoski1971 wrote:
The problem only happens when I plug in the Philips Hue Bridge as soon as I disconnect the ethernet from the Philips bridge speeds rocket up.

How is your Hue bridge network setup?  I'm wondering if it's creating an IP conflict when it joins your Orbi home network.  (Perhaps you set it up with a static IP with your old router and now it conflicts with the new Orbi device IP assignment)

1. Use the Hue app to examine and set the network configuration.  Try DHCP first.
  2. If that doesn't work, factory reset your Hue bridge and set it up again.  I know this will be a little painful but it will probably fix your current networking issue.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7