Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Port forwarding stopped working

AE8U
Aspirant

Port forwarding stopped working

Port forwarding on my Orbi RBR750 has stopped working - not certain when, but in the last 2-3 weeks. Here is the situation. I have port forwarding set up to forward port 8443 to IP 192.168.201.

If I enter 192.168.201.5:8443, it sends me to the proper device.

If I enter "domain.name":8443 or xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8443 (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  is my internet external IP), it sends me to the router.

This has been working for over a year just fine. The software on 192.168.201.5 updates from time to time but that does not seem to be the cause since the router never sends me there to begin with. Since the port number has not changed I don't think it can be a firewall issue. And besides, it works using the LAN IP, but not the WAN IP.

The Orbi is enabled to allow firmware updates and I know it has updated the firmware a couple of times. So it would seem that maybe the firmware has somehow caused the port forwarding to stop working.

All help appreciated,

Thanks,

Mike

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya reboots and power cycles are two different things. 

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Message 2 of 4
AE8U
Aspirant

This has been solved. A Netgear tech had me update to the latest firmware and then power off, wait 30 seconds and power on. (Not sure but I think this second step may have been the solution, since it had been working with the previous firmware.)

As a side note, I thought that a software reboot and a power off and on accomplished the same thing, but it seems like that is not the case.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya reboots and power cycles are two different things. 

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7