Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pre-Setup Possible before delivering - AX4200 / RBK752

GaACETech
Tutor

Pre-Setup Possible before delivering - AX4200 / RBK752

For a small customer (2 office users, 1-2 warehouse users) I purchased the AX4200 (RBK752) - one for the office and one for the warehouse (down the hall about 40' to another computer).  The satellite will not have a ethernet connection, just mesh.

The question:  can I setup the router and satellite in my office with the customers SSID, passwords, and other static info?  Will the router get the customers cable provider information and not use my office modem info?  

With other routers this is the way i've done it but since time will be short for the switch-over I don't want a hiccup.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Pre-Setup Possible before delivering - AX4200 / RBK752

Yes you can. Just use a wired PC and web browser connected to the RBR and log intot the RBRs web page. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you can. Just use a wired PC and web browser connected to the RBR and log intot the RBRs web page. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@GaACETech wrote:

The question:  can I setup the router and satellite in my office with the customers SSID, passwords, and other static info?  Will the router get the customers cable provider information and not use my office modem info?  

I agree with @FURRYe38 that most of the time this will go off without a hitch, depending on a couple of factors:

• If the customer will have a different type of internet access than you do, there could be an issue.
    For example, if you have the more common DHCP connection where "everything is automatic", but the customer connection requires a user/password login, you cannot set that up and test it ahead of time.
  • Depending on what equipment the ISP provides at the customer location, the router LAN subnet may be different.  This makes absolutely no difference as long as no devices are to have pre-assigned IP addresses.  (Who cares what IP a device has?)
  • The customer does not need advanced features such as port forwarding or OpenVPN access to devices on their new LAN.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7