Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 753 - LED won't go away

IcedCorn
Tutor

RBK 753 - LED won't go away

Just upgraded to the RBK 753 (AX4200 w2 satellites).

Weird thing though. ...the LED doesn't go away. It's always on. I know many wanted that but I don't. Any thoughts on how to get rid of it (outside of tape)?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK 753 - LED won't go away

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update? Something to try on the RBR if you haven't. 

@IcedCorn wrote:

The RBR 750 (Router) has a solid white light on it, . Satellites are fine (no lights).

Orbi mobile app shows everything as fine, I can use wifi and wired fine. 

Logging into 192.168.1.1 from a web browser is fine, I get the orbi setup page. The LED doesn't change.

The firmware displayed in the upper right corner of the web browser is:
V3.2.15.25_1.3.15

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Which LED is on, the front LED on the RBR or RBS? 

What happens if you log in to the RBRs web page using a PC and web browser?

What firmware version do you have currently loaded? 

Message 2 of 7
IcedCorn
Tutor

The RBR 750 (Router) has a solid white light on it, . Satellites are fine (no lights).

Logging into 192.168.1.1 from a web browser is fine, I get the orbi setup page. The LED doesn't change.

V3.2.15.25_1.3.15

Message 3 of 7
Mikey94025
Hero

@IcedCorn wrote:

V3.2.15.25_1.3.15

Strange. Normally the solid white light goes away with a minute after powering up: https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite-mean .  My RBR850 base and RBS850 satellites lights are all off after the system restarts.  I am also running the latest firmware V3.2.15.25_1.3.15.

What does your Orbi admin website says is the uptime of your system?  http://orbilogin.com/debug.htm shows my System Uptime is 0 days 12:41:17 (I updated my cable modem yesterday and had to restart the Orbi).

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update? Something to try on the RBR if you haven't. 

@IcedCorn wrote:

V3.2.15.25_1.3.15

Message 5 of 7
IcedCorn
Tutor

Apparently that was all that needed to be done after the firmware upgrade. Factory reset and re-setup and everything is good. Thanks! 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Glad that worked. Be sure to save off a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed next time. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7