Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 853 Random WiFi Drop-outs & Additional Satellight Appearing

thooper50
Aspirant

RBK 853 Random WiFi Drop-outs & Additional Satellight Appearing

New installation / purchase so less than 24hrs old...

Is there an issue with RBK850 firmware version v4.6.3.16_2.0.51 constantly disconnecting and then reconnecting? I also keep getting an additional satellite appliance randomly, when the satellite drops (so far both satellites have dropped at least 2-3 times each..

So far, not impressed by this purchase and unless I can get stability will be heading back for a refund.

Tried reseting config, satellites etc. as it seems to be dropping the satellites and thus anything connected via wifi or cable.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK 853 Random WiFi Drop-outs & Additional Satellight Appearing

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX (WiFi6 RBK 3,7,8 and 9 Series) products. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@thooper50 wrote:

New installation / purchase so less than 24hrs old...

Is there an issue with RBK850 firmware version v4.6.3.16_2.0.51 constantly disconnecting and then reconnecting? I also keep getting an additional satellite appliance randomly, when the satellite drops (so far both satellites have dropped at least 2-3 times each..

So far, not impressed by this purchase and unless I can get stability will be heading back for a refund.

Tried reseting config, satellites etc. as it seems to be dropping the satellites and thus anything connected via wifi or cable.

Message 3 of 5
thooper50
Aspirant

Hi,

After liasing with support had to re-apply firmware (don't know why), but since then has been stable for 24hrs and will see how it goes over the coming days / weeks.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements