Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK750 Keeps dropping connection, not connecting to satellites and only router

RjDes
Initiate

RBK750 Keeps dropping connection, not connecting to satellites and only router

Guys please I need your help. We have three people working from home and my network keeps dropping. I paid over the top for RBK750 with a router and 2 satellites. it was good initially but now the network keeps dropping. I've searched all over for a fix and nothing worked. I contacted Netgear and they won’t help unless I buy the support package for more money.

So I have RBK750. 1 RBR750 and 2 RBS750 all on firmware V4.6.3.7. I've tried to downgrade but the only step down they have on the website is 3.2.18, and apparently i cannot downgrade to v3. I have a virgin modem. I have the 350mbps plan. My house is brick house so I thought 2 satellites will be best. Both are 30ft away.

It drops out randomly, not at increased load of anything. PS4 drops, Zoom calls drop. Even on my iphone, Ipad and mac it drops. It’s a nightmare.

Another thing I noticed is my devices connect to router, rather than the satellite. So my phone and ps4 will connect to the router instead of the satellite right next to it. I've tried restarting it so many times. I done a factory reset once and that was painful. I really hope someone can please help me sort this out.

I convinced the family it was good money spent, but now I'm regretting it.

thanks

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK750 Keeps dropping connection, not connecting to satellites and only router

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Disable AX mode on the RBR for both radios. Under Basic Tab/Wireless Settings. 

Set CTS values to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Apply settings and reboot. I would do one full power OFF of the RBR and RBS for 1 minute then back ON with the RBR first then RBS. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7