Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK750 Keeps dropping connection, not connecting to satellites and only router

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK750 Keeps dropping connection, not connecting to satellites and only router

Good  Luck.

Message 26 of 30
duomono
Star

We’ve been disappointed by NG’s phone support, considering how much they are charging for their router/satellite, and was more shocked that they are charging up to USD250 to fix a problem with their compatibility. Thanks to the support here, we had our problem resolved and the product is functioning like what they designed for, great coverage and speed. Happy to pay premium for good products (like Apple) but do follow up with quality support. Thanks to the community support again.
Message 27 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working for you. 

@duomono wrote:
We’ve been disappointed by NG’s phone support, considering how much they are charging for their router/satellite, and was more shocked that they are charging up to USD250 to fix a problem with their compatibility. Thanks to the support here, we had our problem resolved and the product is functioning like what they designed for, great coverage and speed. Happy to pay premium for good products (like Apple) but do follow up with quality support. Thanks to the community support again.

Message 28 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@RjDes wrote:

Guys please I need your help. We have three people working from home and my network keeps dropping. I paid over the top for RBK750 with a router and 2 satellites. it was good initially but now the network keeps dropping. I've searched all over for a fix and nothing worked. I contacted Netgear and they won’t help unless I buy the support package for more money.

So I have RBK750. 1 RBR750 and 2 RBS750 all on firmware V4.6.3.7. I've tried to downgrade but the only step down they have on the website is 3.2.18, and apparently i cannot downgrade to v3. I have a virgin modem. I have the 350mbps plan. My house is brick house so I thought 2 satellites will be best. Both are 30ft away.

It drops out randomly, not at increased load of anything. PS4 drops, Zoom calls drop. Even on my iphone, Ipad and mac it drops. It’s a nightmare.

Another thing I noticed is my devices connect to router, rather than the satellite. So my phone and ps4 will connect to the router instead of the satellite right next to it. I've tried restarting it so many times. I done a factory reset once and that was painful. I really hope someone can please help me sort this out.

I convinced the family it was good money spent, but now I'm regretting it.

thanks

Message 29 of 30
einarso
Guide

@User196851 wrote:

I'm having the same problem.

I have RBR750 Orbi with base and two satellites (fwiw, this model is not listed in the forum's model list). For the most part, things working fine. All wired connections working and I can connect wireless devices and get Internet. I've had the system for about a year. The following problem has been very infrequent until a couple of weeks ago, and it is now pervasive. Nothing that I know of has changed (perhaps an auto firmware update I wasn't aware of?) Wireless devices keep dropping wifi. We have iOS, Android and other types and the issue is consistent across all types of devices. In some cases, simply going to the phone's WiFi settings and selecting the home network reconnects immediately, in other cases there is a "no Internet" and it takes about 5 minutes before the connection stabilizes and becomes reliable. Sometimes, WiFi will remain connected for days, sometimes it drops off again in just a couple of minutes. I might have working WiFi just fine, and my wife sitting next to me doesn't. Sometimes it's the opposite. In other words, there is no consistency other than everyone on the house has trouble with WiFi dropping out on their phones.

Router is RBR750, satelites are RBS750.SSID is a non-standard name. Satelites connected via wired backhaul. I have both 2.4 and 5 GHz enabled

Assistance is appreciated.

Just to say - This is excatly me! The same problem, the same description. Very strange that some units stay connected with internet, while the unit next to it looses wifi (or at least wifi with internet). I did not have this problem with my Orbi RBK50 system, but it came when I upgraded to RBK752. Returned my units and got new, without the problem beeing solved.

Did you manage to solve your orbi-problems?

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7