Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK750 Series - Firmware Update v4.6.3.7

FURRYe38
Guru

Contact NG support if you haven't already. Keep in contact with NG. They are working on it. 

Message 26 of 303
B_K_C
Initiate

@Dieselrose wrote:
RBK750, and yeah my internet has gone from 900MBPS TO 6000MBPS when I do a speed test, and my Xbox Series X which I have CAT 6 Ethernet cable running to is now capped at 95MBPS download speed since this update!

Fix this now!

Same here, after firmware update my internet speed (link aggregation) from 1400mbps to 620mbps - reduced to more than half, this is rediculous!! I'm sooooo regretting doing the firmware update to V4.6.3.7

FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!

CM1100 + (Orbi RBR750 + (2)RBS750) 

Message 27 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Is this speed result at the RBRs internal speed test app or thru a external speed test app like Ooklas installable speed test app? 

@B_K_C wrote:

Same here, after firmware update my internet speed (link aggregation) from 1400mbps to 620mbps - reduced to more than half, this is rediculous!! I'm sooooo regretting doing the firmware update to V4.6.3.7

FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!

CM1100 + (Orbi RBR750 + (2)RBS750) 

Message 28 of 303
Waliuddin
Guide

You can downgrade from V4 to V3. Just go to www.support.netgear.com in the box type your model router number > Next page click Downloads > under Firmware and Software Downloads Click (+) Previous Versions > Download the latest V3 update file and then extract it. It will be a .chk file that you need to upload it.

Do the same steps for the satallites as well. 

let me know if you need steps uploading the firmware to your router

Version 4 has decreased internet speed to more then HALF

CM1200> RBR750 + (2X) RBS750

Message 29 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Is this speed result at the RBRs internal speed test app or thru a external speed test app like Ooklas installable speed test app? 

@Waliuddin wrote:

You can downgrade from V4 to V3. Just go to www.support.netgear.com in the box type your model router number > Next page click Downloads > under Firmware and Software Downloads Click (+) Previous Versions > Download the latest V3 update file and then extract it. It will be a .chk file that you need to upload it.

Message 30 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

And what browser are you using to downgrade to v3? 

Which v3 FW files are you using? 

@Waliuddin wrote:

Message 31 of 303
Waliuddin
Guide

If you connect ethernet to ISP router you get 1400 Mbps now if you connect ethernet to RBR750 you get 600 Mbps.

On V3 we did not have any problems.

Using Chrome and will downgrade to V3.2.18.1

Planning to make a Youtube Video on how to update and downgrade "MANUALLY". It would be pretty much the same across your different models. 

What do you suggest??? 

Message 32 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Is this speed result at the RBRs internal speed test app or thru a external speed test app like Ooklas installable speed test app on a PC when speed testing with the RBR online? Reason for asking is that some are NOT seeing a speed degrade using external speed test app with the RBR online, and the speed results degrade is only seen on the RBRs web page speed test app. 

Ok, was curious on the FW version. 

So you downgraded the RBR first, then RBS? 

Did you use the RBS web page to send the FW files? 

What Browser did you use to download the FW files? 

Message 33 of 303
B_K_C
Initiate

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Is this speed result at the RBRs internal speed test app or thru a external speed test app like Ooklas installable speed test app on a PC when speed testing with the RBR online? Reason for asking is that some are NOT seeing a speed degrade using external speed test app with the RBR online, and the speed results degrade is only seen on the RBRs web page speed test app. 

Ok, was curious on the FW version. 

So you downgraded the RBR first, then RBS? 

Did you use the RBS web page to send the FW files? 

What Browser did you use to download the FW files? 

It was using Orbi internal speed test app, before I was getting 1400mbps with V3, now getting ~600mbps with V4 firmware, no other settings/configuration changed, just the firmware.

Message 34 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

@B_K_C wrote:
It was using Orbi internal speed test app, before I was getting 1400mbps with V3, now getting ~600mbps with V4 firmware, no other settings/configuration changed, just the firmware. There is a known issue with the internal speed test app on this version of FW. Try using Ooklas installable speed test app on a wired PC and test again with the PC connected thru the RBR. Should see different results. 

Message 35 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Also you should monitor the FW version on the RBR and RBS for the next day or two. Hopefully NG won't auto update them however they may auto update back to v4. 

@Waliuddin wrote:

If you connect ethernet to ISP router you get 1400 Mbps now if you connect ethernet to RBR750 you get 600 Mbps.

On V3 we did not have any problems.

Using Chrome and will downgrade to V3.2.18.1

Planning to make a Youtube Video on how to update and downgrade "MANUALLY". It would be pretty much the same across your different models. 

What do you suggest??? 

Message 36 of 303
Niko78
Apprentice

@Waliuddin 

Hi,

Did you succeed to downgrade to V3 version ?

I am only able to downgrade the RBS.

Like many people it is impossible for me to downgrade the RBR because the button to lauch manual upgrade is missing in the web interface 😞

Message 37 of 303
Waliuddin
Guide

i will be using chrome web browser. Does it matter which web browser to use for downloading the FW?

Message 38 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

So have you downgraded your RBR already? 

@Waliuddin wrote:

i will be using chrome web browser. Does it matter which web browser to use for downloading the FW?

Message 39 of 303
Waliuddin
Guide

Q: Is this speed result at the RBRs internal speed test app or thru a external speed test app like Ooklas installable speed test app? 

A: For me the Orbi Android App does not work properly. I tried to uninstall and install it back several times but it does not work. It keeps on crashing.

I do not see a need to download any speed test app. I just go to google and search for speed test and check the first four websites to check my speed. Even google has one. Also on an another note i also use my ISP provided web site which is xfinity.speedtest.com. I find ISP website a bit more exaggerated by ~150Mbps.

Question to Guru: So if at ISP modem you can get 1400Mbps on a hard wire; Why can you not get it on Orbi on a hard wire, after update to Version 4.

Message 40 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

@Waliuddin wrote:

Q: Is this speed result at the RBRs internal speed test app or thru a external speed test app like Ooklas installable speed test app? 

A: For me the Orbi Android App does not work properly. I tried to uninstall and install it back several times but it does not work. It keeps on crashing.

I do not see a need to download any speed test app. I just go to google and search for speed test and check the first four websites to check my speed. Even google has one. Also on an another note i also use my ISP provided web site which is xfinity.speedtest.com. I find ISP website a bit more exaggerated by ~150Mbps. All this would not be accurate speed testing.  Speed test with web sites only tests teh speed at the modem. Ooklas installable speed test app reports the speed thru the Isp modem, RBR and wired PC or wifi device.

Question to Guru: So if at ISP modem you can get 1400Mbps on a hard wire; Why can you not get it on Orbi on a hard wire, after update to Version 4. Test with Ooklas speed test app at the wired PC. Someone else reported that speeds seen with the Orbi app or RBRs speed test app is giving incorrect speed restults while speed testing with a speed test app on the wired PC gives to spec speeds. 

Message 41 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if you are able to downgrade the RBR to v3 and how you did it please. 

@Waliuddin wrote:

Message 42 of 303
Waliuddin
Guide

Why ONLY Ooklas?? There are many more to name a few

https://fast.com/

https://www.speakeasy.net

https://testmyspeed.onl/

https://www.spectrum.com/internet/speed-test

We are trying to get a reference here right? We are billed for the speed we choose. If i am not getting the speed i am paying for why would i throw away my money? In order to guage if the ISP is providing what I am paying for I would have to use other sources as well.

You have to admit that the Version 4 was not tested properly before it was rolled out. I will tell you how:

1. If you manually update it, you would have to update the Satallites before you update the Router as per NG.

2. The app updated the router and never updated the satallites most of the cases.

You may say that it is working fine with others. There can be scenarios:

1. Where people are not aware that their system is not working or they may not have experienced it yet.

2. They may be blaming the ISP for slow speeds. In actual reality it is the (AX) which is having issues.

Only the people who are having issues and demand an answer form NG are here rest of them are not. It is unbelievable that after paying top $$$ for the equipment any would want a picture perfect product; and not someting which has stability issues form time to time with a poor engineering team on its back.

Message 43 of 303
Waliuddin
Guide

Dear Mr. Furrye38 aka Guru,

I believe you are in the wrong place. According to me Guru is someone who knows more that others and who teaches or passes down his knowledge. I believe either you DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING or you DO NOT WANT TO TELL ANYTHING

You are asking me to tell you how i am going to downgrade to version 3. Do i look like i work for NG?? Have some shame and if at all you know how to do it please pass on the information. Come on man I thought here you try to help customers out. If you do not have the knowledge, it is always a smart idea to step down and let someone from NG help us out. Noting against you buddy, I am just trying to save my $600+ go down the drain.

Message 44 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

So it was a simple question, did you downgrade your RBR to v3 from v4 or not? You haven't answered the question. 

Its up to you man to follow the help or not. Your system. If it's NOT working for you and you don't want to use any of the suggestions here, then you'll need to contact NG support and let them know your problems. NG is already knows of users problems with v4. We're just looking for insites to what other users are doing when you post about them. And when you say you downgraded from v3 to v4 with out confirming this and letting us know how you did it, you leave us all in doubt about the information you post. As others posted they HAVE tried to downgrade and it fails an NG also mentioned that downgrading is NOT support if v4 is already loaded.

So good luck in your endeavours and hope NG will get this fix for you 7 series users. 

Message 45 of 303
pete7steps
Tutor

Downgrade firmware from V4 to V3 seems to be impossible (blocked or disabled)
Message 46 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for trying...

@pete7steps wrote:
Downgrade firmware from V4 to V3 seems to be impossible (blocked or disabled)

Message 47 of 303
Atllaw
Star

I have the RBR 750. Seriously WTF? I have avoided updating the firmware because of all the bad reviews of v4.6.3.7, but last night it auto updated and I went from 940 mbps download, consistent, to 600mbps. Two pages of thread on problems, yet not a single reply from Netgear that they are even working on it or giving us a fix. Where is the product support????? Why didn’t they at least stop the autoupdates????????
Message 48 of 303
FURRYe38
Guru

What do you see if you use a wired PC and a speed test app on this PC to check speeds? 

Please open a support ticket on this and let NG know what your seeing...

"Hello Orbi AX Community, We confirmed the new firmware v4.6.3.7 has an issue that the Internet speed test performed by the Orbi app may report lower numbers than the actual speed. This issue doesn’t degrade the actual speed for your Internet access, and it only happens when the actual Internet speed is more than 600 mbps. We’ve been working on the fix and we should be able to have a trial firmware release soon for people who would like to give it a try first. And again, if you are still experiencing other issues with firmware v4.6.3.7 please send a private message to me (@Christian_R) if you haven't done so already. Please provide the requested information listed below. Name: Email: Phone: Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone) Router Serial Number: Thank you, Christian"

@Atllaw wrote:
I have the RBR 750. Seriously WTF? I have avoided updating the firmware because of all the bad reviews of v4.6.3.7, but last night it auto updated and I went from 940 mbps download, consistent, to 600mbps. Two pages of thread on problems, yet not a single reply from Netgear that they are even working on it or giving us a fix. Where is the product support????? Why didn’t they at least stop the autoupdates????????

Message 49 of 303
Niko78
Apprentice

You also have to add these 9 pages of issue here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBK752-753-Firmware-Version-4-6-3-7-Released/td-p/21156... 

I really don't understand NG incident managment strategy.

At least they should stop immediatly auto-updating all worldwide devices stil working in v3.X.X firmware.

It seems that they really don't care that people having these Orbi system are all having issues and are taking a lot of time trying to troubleshoot their product (restart, full reset, ...).

It's like NG incident management people are not aware of this issue to let this kind of things be done.

For me it's really unbelievable !

If no good news in some day I will contact Netgear managemant to inform them what is going on with Orbi support.

For sure they should not be aware.

I have already done this kind of thing when having very long issues with two other companies and magically I had a very quick answer the same day or the following day ...and the problem was solved in only one day while I was having issues for months because the external support teams were not able to solve it !!!

https://www.netgear.com/about/management/ 

PATRICK LO : Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

MARK MERRILL : Chief Technology Officer

MICHAEL FALCON : Chief Operations Officer

Dr. MARTIN WESTHEAD : Chief Technology Officer of Software

DAVID J. HENRY : President & General Manager of Connected Home Products and Services

The email will then go down to the right person and management should follow these issues.

Message 50 of 303
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7