Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK752 Support Daisy Chain?

jellymango
Follower

RBK752 Support Daisy Chain?

Our router is in the basement and there is a satellite on the third and second floor. Both of the satellites are connected to the router, when I go into advanced settings there is no option for it. The packet loss is pretty bad on the third floor so looking for a way to enable the daisy chaining. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: RBK752 Support Daisy Chain?

As per the KB, the RBR750 and it's satellites are defaulting to use the option for daisy chain.What is daisy chain and how does it work with my Orbi WiFi System? 

There is supposed to be a control, however can't see this currently on a similar Orbi AX system here, too How do I disable daisy chain topology on my Orbi WiFi System?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK752 Support Daisy Chain?

I can confirm Daisy Chain is enabled by default nand does work. The system auto detects placement of the RBS in relation to each other and also when each RBS is powered on, will help determine if DC is needed or not. There is no UI control for DC since the beginning. I

presume NG may not put this in Orbi AX since DC, Beamforming and MIMO controls are also missing and not present which they are present on the Orbi AC systems. I presume NG maybe doing more automatic features and less user controls with Orbi AX. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7