Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK752 XBOX Double NAT when connected to satellite

Budshark
Aspirant

RBK752 XBOX Double NAT when connected to satellite

Recently installed RBK752 with 2 XBOXs in house.  One is connected (ethernet) to the RBR, second is connected (ethernet) to one of the satellites.  The Xbox connected to the satellite gets the dreaded double NAT error (always when connected via ethernet, occassionally when connected via wireless).  Its 100% a problem with the satellite, as the other Xbox connected to the router does not have this issue, nor does the second if I turn off the nearby satellite.

I've seen several posts on this, but no resolution.  Is Netgear working on this?  Is there a documented fix?

Full setup:  Arris TM1602A (Not NAT capable) -> RBR V3.2.16.6 -(wireless)-> RBSatellite -(ethernet)-> Xbox

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK752 XBOX Double NAT when connected to satellite

Does manually changing ports on the Xbox Networking dashboard under Advanced Settings change the status any? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back on been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

@Budshark wrote:

Recently installed RBK752 with 2 XBOXs in house.  One is connected (ethernet) to the RBR, second is connected (ethernet) to one of the satellites.  The Xbox connected to the satellite gets the dreaded double NAT error (always when connected via ethernet, occassionally when connected via wireless).  Its 100% a problem with the satellite, as the other Xbox connected to the router does not have this issue, nor does the second if I turn off the nearby satellite.

I've seen several posts on this, but no resolution.  Is Netgear working on this?  Is there a documented fix?

Full setup:  Arris TM1602A (Not NAT capable) -> RBR V3.2.16.6 -(wireless)-> RBSatellite -(ethernet)-> Xbox

If you change the RBR750 router to Access Point mode, it will solve the Xbox issue of the Double NAT.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

His modem doesn't have a router built in so no NAT here. His Orbi need router mode.

@Mstrbig 

Message 4 of 8
Budshark
Aspirant

Thanks but that won’t work as there is no other NAT and connections to the RBR itself is fine. It’s only if you connect to the satellite that the problem exists.

Chris
Message 5 of 8
Budshark
Aspirant

I’ll test manually changing the ports but don’t think it will work as the other Xbox connected to the RBR is fine and when this one connects to the RBR it’s fine as well.

System has definitely been hard reset with extended power out since last update.

Chris
Message 6 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

@Budshark wrote:
I’ll test manually changing the ports but don’t think it will work as the other Xbox connected to the RBR is fine and when this one connects to the RBR it’s fine as well.
System has definitely been hard reset with extended power out since last update.
Chris

I was mistaken before thinking you had an ISP modem/router which you don't. So this is a very unusual situation since you DO NOT have a double NAT configuration. The only explanation would be a smart router or device setup for DHCP distribution, or there is an issue with the Xbox. Try swapping the Xbox consoles and see if the issue follows the Xbox. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

OH, well since you have two xbox consoles, hold the power button in the front of the consoles until they turn OFF. 

Go into the RBRs web page and under Advanced Tab, WAN setup, change NAT filter to OPEN. Save the setting, then do a full reboot of the RBR. After the RBR is online and ready, power ON 1 of the consoles, try the one connected to the RBS 1st. Then power ON the other console. 

@Budshark wrote:

Chris

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7