Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK852 / AX6000 and Samsung Frame TV wifi issues

rayraysf
Guide

RBK852 / AX6000 and Samsung Frame TV wifi issues

I have a brand new Samsung Frame TV and it can't consistently connect to my wifi set up.  I tried following the steps outlined in this post:  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/TV-s-wont-connect-to-new-orbi-router-Everything-else-does/m-p/...

but am still having issues

I have many other devices throghout my house that have no issues connecting to the wifi and am thinking this must be some sort of compabitility issue with the Samsung Frame TV.  I'm using the Orbi AX6000/RBK852 router with one satellite and have a separate modem.

Any recommendations or thoughts would be appreciated!  Thanks

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
rayraysf
Guide

After speaking with both Samsung and my ISP and after trying a whole hosts of solves, I came to same conclusion that you did.  I also think the wifi receptor on the Samsung frame is poor.  In my last experiment, I moved one of my router satellites right next to the Samsung Frame TV box and that worked much better.  I then also tried wiring the TV box into my router satellite via ethernet cable and it worked even better (not surprisingly).  Moving forward, I'm going to put my router satellite right next to the TV box and wire the TV in via ethernet.  Not ideal as I think the frame should have a much better wifi receptor, but this is the solution that I'm going with.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Be sure the TVs firmware is up to date from the mfr.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Try disabling AX mode on either frequency. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Try Setting CTS to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Contact the TVs mfr for additional help and information regarding there product. 

Message 2 of 9
rayraysf
Guide

Thanks for your response

My modem is a Motorola DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

TV firmware is up to date

RBR and RBS are more than 30 ft apart.  House is ~2200 square feet

Have tried disabling AX mode and different channels for 2.4 and 5.0 but that didn't help

Have also tried disabling features as you suggested but still not connected

Pretty sure this is a Netgear Orbi problem and not Samsung as I have 25+ devices also connected to wifi and no issues there.  Only issue is with the Samsung TV

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with NG support AND Samsung. If the TV is the only problem device while your others are not having any issues, I would start with Samsung first...

Message 4 of 9
Mikey94025
Hero

@rayraysf wrote:

Have tried disabling AX mode and different channels for 2.4 and 5.0 but that didn't help

Have also tried disabling features as you suggested but still not connected

Just checking - Did you also set CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 in orbilogin.com's Advanced Wireless Settings?

It's odd that you would have Samsung TV problems without many other Samsung TV problems also complaining here.  What wireless security option are you using (e.g., WPA2-PSK/AES)?  Does the Samsung TV see your SSID but is unable to connect?  Or does it not see the SSID at all?

Message 5 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

You could be experiencing some form of intermitted Electromagnetic Interference (EMI).

Do you have any LED equipped products near that Samsung TV?  Some LED products are not properly shielded and have been known to cause 802.11 interruptions.

Message 6 of 9
alohia
Aspirant

I have also experienced the same with Samsung Frame TV. The TV seems to have a horrible wifi receptor. All my other devices are able to successfully connect to all my wifi networks at the exact same spot whereas this TV is just unable to catch a good strength for the signal.

I believe the problem is with the wifi receptor on the Samsung Frame TV. If you are able to get any information from Samsung, then please let me know as well.

Message 7 of 9
rayraysf
Guide

After speaking with both Samsung and my ISP and after trying a whole hosts of solves, I came to same conclusion that you did.  I also think the wifi receptor on the Samsung frame is poor.  In my last experiment, I moved one of my router satellites right next to the Samsung Frame TV box and that worked much better.  I then also tried wiring the TV box into my router satellite via ethernet cable and it worked even better (not surprisingly).  Moving forward, I'm going to put my router satellite right next to the TV box and wire the TV in via ethernet.  Not ideal as I think the frame should have a much better wifi receptor, but this is the solution that I'm going with.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Glad it's working better.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7