Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK853 IOT network not present in Wireless settings

vvemaraju
Aspirant

RBK853 IOT network not present in Wireless settings

Hi,

I have RBK853 which has RBR850 and 2 x RBS850.

The manual says I can enable IoT network in Wireless settings but I can't find it in Wireless tab in orbilogin.com router config page. Is it specific to a premium subscription only? I don't see it mentioned in the user manual.

I want to keep all IoT things there like cameras, switches, lights and garage opener etc. 

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

The IoT network is only seen on the 9 series Orbi system. It's not present on 3, 7 or 8 series systems. 

Message 2 of 7
vvemaraju
Aspirant

Thank you for your response, it makes sense. I am very surprised at this inclusion in page 57, 58 which led me to believe it exists somehow on Orbi 8 series??-

Orbi Whole Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System User Manual (netgear.com)

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes it is. I will inquire about this with NG. 

Message 4 of 7
vvemaraju
Aspirant

Thank you. I appreciate the help in figuring this out and I was quite hopeful to segregate those devices.

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Yes it is. I will inquire about this with NG. 

It might be helpful if Netgear could share a "comparison sheet" for the 850, 850, and 860 products.

The 860 having a 10G WAN port is one obvious difference, as is the mention of VPN

CrimpOn_0-1670954930885.png

This is  the first mention of VPN Client support in a Netgear router (as far as I am aware).

Would be interesting to know what else is different about the three models.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

All I can say is that NG has something planned however no idea when that will happen. 

So for now you could use the Guest Network for some IoT items that some users have seem to have used. Just be aware that Guest Network wasn't really meant for long term use for devices has it' was initially intended for access of users that only needed connected for a short period of time. 

@vvemaraju wrote:

Thank you. I appreciate the help in figuring this out and I was quite hopeful to segregate those devices.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7