Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 Keeps disconnecting the satelites after newest Firmware

Rikerrock
Tutor

RBK853 Keeps disconnecting the satelites after newest Firmware

This unit doesn't seem to be disconneting from my fios net service (the router) but I will loose satelites and then they will reconnect after a few minutes.  It's getting very annoying.  Got 4 satelites and some will stay connected while others will disconnect or flip to non wired connections to router.  They are all hard wired back to the router either directly or to gigabit switches

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK853 Keeps disconnecting the satelites after newest Firmware

What modem/gateway is the primary router connected to? 

How are the satellites hardwired back? I've seen people connect the satellites through a switch to the ISP gateway and then the orbi. it should go gateway------>rbr unit----->switches---->satellites

Message 2 of 4
Rikerrock
Tutor

It's connected to a ONT in the garage.  I turned off everything and then restarted.  Currently seems ok.  Holding breath.  All sats are hardwired, so just did not compute as to why they'd try to sync via wifi to eachother.  Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7