Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 Ping Lags/Drops - Network unusable this morning

dtay
Luminary

Re: RBK853 Ping Lags/Drops - Network unusable this morning

@FURRYe38 wrote:

So you set a IP address reservation ON the RBR for the RBS at "(192.168.10)" ? 10? IF .10, this is outside of the .100 to .254 range and should not be setting a IP address reservation for a IP address thats out side the DHCP pool, I would remove the reservation. IP address reservations are for devices with IN the DHCP IP address pool. If you set a smaller DHCP pool size, then anything outside this pool size is used for STATIC IP addressed devies which are SET ON devices, NOT on the router. This maybe one reason why your seeing problems. I set IP address reservations for my two RBS in the pool, .101 and .102. These are working for me.

Update: I made the changes last night for the DHCP reservations IPs for the RBS to .101 and .102 rebooted everything.  So far, everything seems to be stable.  Continuous pings to the RBR, RBS and to www.yahoo.com have been consistent and stable, with no drops for the last 6+ hours so far as of this writing.  DNS resolutions (using 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.4.4) are working fine so far.  Keeping my fingers crossed! 🙂 

Message 26 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7