Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 Satellite Connection

ReflectedBlack
Initiate

RBK853 Satellite Connection

Hello! Need some help. I just hooked up the Orbi RBK853 and the router is so powerful that my devices do not switch to the satellites when closer to them. So, I’m getting great speeds closer to router and not bad, but slower speeds close to satellite, but they would be much faster if my device would switch to satellite. Is there any way to tinker with the settings to make it more likely my devices switch to the satellites instead of staying connected to router? I can’t place the satellites any further from satellites than they already are. Thank you.
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK853 Satellite Connection

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Yes they can be placed farther out than 30 feet as well. 50-60 feet would be a good limit on distance depending upon building materials. 

You can also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7