Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBKE963, Turning Wifi off on a satellite. or get device to connect to one particular satellite only.

Benedict-UK
Aspirant

RBKE963, Turning Wifi off on a satellite. or get device to connect to one particular satellite only.

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help.
I can't do simple things with this top of the line Orbi that used to manage to do just fine on old Orbis. does anyone have a solution for these?

1- I can't specify that a device/mac address to connect to one particular satellite
2- I can't turn the wifi of a satellite off altogether.
Please help!
Sadegh

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBKE963, Turning Wifi off on a satellite. or get device to connect to one particular satellite o

It's up to devices to pick and choose where they connect too. 

Orbi systems don't support disabling of Wifi radios. There ON all the time per intended design. 

Message 2 of 4
Benedict-UK
Aspirant

Re: RBKE963, Turning Wifi off on a satellite. or get device to connect to one particular satellite o

Thanks for the reply.
-Other older Orbi systems had these options.
You might have a device that's between the two satellites and you wouldn't want it to switch back and forth for every meter the device moves.
-Also older Orbi systems allowed turning the wi-fi off or reduce the wi-fi power of one Orbi compared to the other so as to avoid devices switching constantly when between two units again.
I can't find any of these settings. The newest Orbi had the most rudimentary settings.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Those setting were removed long ago and Orbi AX and AXE systems never had them in the first place when they came out. 

Again it's up to devices to pick and choose where they connect too. You can help some by turning down the transmit power from 100% to a lessor value. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7