Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBKE963 too slow

Anzenchitai
Aspirant

RBKE963 too slow

My WiFi 6E system is using the latest firmware and I have changed the channel to the less congested channel. Everything was fine right after changing the channel. But after a day or so it is very slow again. Why are you making it difficult for me to provide screen shot from my iPad to here? It keeps rejecting my file because of file extension. And the file size of less than 5MB is ridiculously small since people are all using high resolution devices.

Message 1 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

Re: RBKE963 too slow

Is there a way to setup the RBKE963 and SRR90 to auto reset everyday at 4am? I think resetting the router will help flushing memory and keeping the network faster. Yes, I m using 2x routers and 2x SSID with 1x cable modem. ISP is providing 2x IP for me.

Thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you using the Choose FIle button or the photo camera icon on the post tool bar?

Message 3 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

IF you mean reboot? Try a power timer. 

Otherwise no. If your having to reboot the system, mean there is something wrong. Normally reboots every so often is not needed. 

Are you seeing problems? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What CAT# LAN cable are you using? 

What channels are you using on the RBKE and SRR systems? 

I use a CAX80 and have had my 8 and 9 series online at the same time. No issues. 

Message 4 of 26
plemans
Guru

What actual speeds are you getting? 

are you testing over 2.4ghz? 5ghz?

do wired speeds drop? 

Message 5 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

I m using Choose Files button, it said my iPad is using JPEG instead of JPG…

This is discouraging… I wanted to upload the graph result of WiFi Analyzer to show the signal strength and the WiFi speed from the S21 Ultra…

Message 6 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the camera icon and see if the file will upload. i recommend using .png or .pdf files

Message 7 of 26
CrimpOn
Guru

@Anzenchitai wrote:

I m using Choose Files button, it said my iPad is using JPEG instead of JPG…

This is discouraging… I wanted to upload the graph result of WiFi Analyzer to show the signal strength and the WiFi speed from the S21 Ultra…

The Browse option is pretty clear:

CrimpOn_0-1658276455136.png

Those are the choices: jpg, gif, png, pdf.

There appear to be multiple method to convert a JPEG image into one of these formats:

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-convert-photos-to-pdf-on-iphone-ipad/ 

This person seems to think it might be a "setting":

https://www.macobserver.com/tips/how-to/how-to-convert-iphone-photos-jpg-format/ 

Message 8 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

My dilemma is when I use the WiFi Analyzer to check on the signal strength, it pops up and down where as my neighbors WiFi are all non-movable graph result. Now my worries are the quality and the stability of the signal and the communication speed. I m sitting in the living room with my 6E router and my S21 Ultra is showing I have 1.8Gbps speed connection. But I m waiting for the Cable technician to come in to install the new modem for the 1Gbps account upgrade. Are there something wrong with my phone too? This is all so confusing…

Message 9 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know the brand and model # modem or ONT they install. modem/ONT only unit is preferred with out a built in router.

Message 10 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

Hello, today ISP installed Shaw Fibre+ Gateway 2.0 (XB7). It is now in bridge mode, so there is no WiFi signal interfering my RBKE963 & SRR90. the 963 is having 1.2Gbps on 6E of RBKE963 and 585Mbps on SRR90. These are the numbers I got from my S21 Ultra. Here are the results from fast.com… 380mbps on SRR90, and the RBKE963 is 600Mbps on both the router and the IoT. I have PN # and FCC ID, IC and a few different MAC #. Please specify which info you requrie from the label of the modem. It is 15h pst. I will do a scan with WiFi Analyzer tonight when everybody is at home and using internet. That is the most congested time and I have purchased and installed and Outside Extender on my SSR90 for my do walk the dog.

Thanks in advance.

Message 11 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. You should have the 9 series connected to the 2.5Gb port on the modem. 

Check wired speeds with a PC thru the RBR.

That should be working well. 

Message 12 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

What I find really perplexing is the graph result of WiFi Analyzer of all the WiFi network in my apartment. They are all hard solid but my 2x network signals are going up and down. Sometimes is -40dB sometimes is -70dB. The signal strength is extremely unstable, and the connection speed that my S21 Ultra tells me is out of whack, sometimes is 1.4Gbps and other times are 6Mbps. This is the number of the RBKE963.

Message 13 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

When your checking the signals is with with the RBS ON or Turned OFF? I would check the RBR signals first with out the RBS being ON. 

Check stability of the RBR. If this is fluctuating at the RBR, possible the RBR could be faulty. 

Try checking WIFI signal with RBR transmit power set to 100% then 50% then 25%. If you see this fluctuating and not maintaining, I'd get ahold of NG support.

Message 14 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

God blessed me, I was one step away from messing with WRT… But in reality it was the RBKE963 & SRR90 both interfering each other in the house. Now the RBKE963 is at 570Mbps in the garden and RBS50Y from the SRR90 is doing 430Mbps. My true challenge was learning to use the program - WiFi Analyzer, how to isolate the relevant information and screen out all the network in the neighborhood. Going back to square one, if and only if I bought the SRR90 in the first place, I would be only using 1x router at home.

NG, I would buy a Outside Extender that is compatible with the 6E system, even thou I can only use 5GHz outside. Then the SRR90 will be a back up in case the 6E fired.

Guys, thanks for all the help and kind attention again. Arigatou

PS. This msg would conclude all my previous msgs.

Message 15 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like you got it working well now.  Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 16 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

Do I need to save it on a PC? But I only have iPad, Note Pad and S21 Ultra here with me.

About the Solved Issue tag, do I mark it as Solution at the bottom of msg?

Thanks again.

Message 17 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes save it on the PC with a web browser. 

Select the post that you mentioned finding the resolution. 

Message 18 of 26
schumaku
Guru

@Anzenchitai wrote:

But in reality it was the RBKE963 & SRR90 both interfering each other in the house. Now the RBKE963 is at 570Mbps in the garden and RBS50Y from the SRR90 is doing 430Mbps.

My true challenge was learning to use the program - WiFi Analyzer, how to isolate the relevant information and screen out all the network in the neighborhood. Going back to square one, if and only if I bought the SRR90 in the first place, I would be only using 1x router at home.

NG, I would buy a Outside Extender that is compatible with the 6E system, even thou I can only use 5GHz outside. Then the SRR90 will be a back up in case the 6E fired.

There is more, much more.  The RBKE963 does use two 80 MHz blocks, one for the user accessible 5 GHz fronthaul (AP), and one for the wireless backhaul. Then one more 80 MHz block for the SRS60/RBS50Y backhaul.

The SIX 5 GHz 80-MHz channels
Channel # MHz Info
42 36+40+44+48 5170-5250 OK
58 52+56+60+64 5250-5330 DFS
106 100+104+108+112 5490-5570 DFS
122 116+120+124+128 5570-5650 DFS, TDWR
138 132+136+140+144 5650-5730 DFS, (1)
155 149+153+157+161 5735-5815 OK

@Anzenchitai wrote:

Do I need to save it on a PC? But I only have iPad, Note Pad and S21 Ultra here with me.

Many more things to learn. Also Android systems as well as iPad have  file system where you can download configs to, and upload again later if required. 

Message 19 of 26
CrimpOn
Guru

@Anzenchitai wrote:

No. Save it to whatever device runs the web browser that you are using to access the Orbi web interface. (probably not the phone).

The goal is to be able to reload a saved configuration, which is much quicker than typing everything in again.  A configuration file is less than 1MB, so it does not take up much space.

Message 20 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

What program are you using for the insert of those numbers? I would like to use the same program and take a look at my cyber landscape.  Also, does RBKE963 offer Implicit Beamforming? I turned on this option from the SRR90, and I gained around 120Mbps extra from using it. However, what are the down sides from using it? About the config file, after a factory reset, it is possible to load the config file without using the Orbi Program? I found this is only a facial makeup for the orbilogin.com… I have tried the .net version but it didn’t work.

The support from East India got deep accent, they are hard on my ears, and I found them offer no expertise on setup. I hope Netgear would improve their auto channel selection function cuz I have taken extraordinary measure to get this far. This forum thing reminds me of the good old days of OS/2 and bbs. 

Message 21 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

I saw this updating screen before but now that my firmware version is at 6.0.3.88_3.1.17. I do not see anything about the updating version screen. The only thing that I see now is the firmware version at the upper right corner of the home screen. So, how do I dig out this screen again?

Message 22 of 26
CrimpOn
Guru

The Firmware Update feature is found on the web administration, Advanced Tab, Administration, Firmware Update.

Message 23 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

Arigatou,  Admin. section is the. last place I would mess around… cuz I just fixed the signal jammed war at home (I m running 2x routers) and now running a 2 weeks test drive before saving the config file. I will go make sure the Router and all the Satellites are stand on the same version.

Message 24 of 26
Anzenchitai
Aspirant

First thing first, I am running 2x systems on a 1Gbps modem connection (copper). RBKE963 & SRR90 with SRS90 & RBS50Yv2. Now my question is what is the max number of satellites that a RBKE963 supports? I added an extra one already, and I want to place one Satellite in each room. Making sure I got all 6E coverage taken care of. There are a lot of corners and wall at home. Right now there is one in living room (router), one in bedroom, one in the pet room and the one in the den. Hoping to add 3 more Satellites in 2 more rooms and dinning room. My house is right next to an apartment complex, so I got lots of SSID on my WiFi Analzyer as I was trying to troubleshoot my speed and signal strength. I m really impressed that there are 12x antennas. My SRR90 and RBS50Yv2 is doing great at 40 -dB now… but the RBKE963 is fooling around at 70 -dB

I have used 6GHz & 5GHz only with IoT and Guests enabled. But I don’t know why the IoT and the Guests are both performing better than the regular SSID and 6GHz in the garden. Well, I put them behind the window, hoping the leaking 6GHz would help and polish my speed a little in the garden. Now if I got too many Satellites would I invited more signal jamming simply because they are just too close to each other? I m dying for Apple to release 6E on all their products. Want an 6E iPad Pro and an 6E iPhone. 

Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7