Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBKE963

expertgas
Aspirant

RBKE963

Hi all,

This night Orbi system has upgrade automatically the firmware (from V6.0.3.85 to -V6.3.7.5) and since this morning router (RBRE-960) doesn't see satellites (2X RBSE-960) no more.
No solutions to reconnect both satellites with new firmware.

Downgrade satellite 1 to old firmware (V6.0.3.85) and now i had reconnect successfully.

I'm a PC technician and I think that new firmware (V6.3.7.5) has BIG BIG BIG problems.

Please feedback analog situations. Thanks.

Simon

Message 1 of 14
plemans
Guru

Whenever there's issues after a firmware upgrade, one of the first troubleshooting steps we recommend is a factory reset and then reinstall. Did you try this? 

Message 2 of 14
expertgas
Aspirant

This afternoon i have downgrade to previous version and manually re-upgrade to last version, but wifi performance was very bad (not over 200 Mbps on 2.300 Mbps FTTH). So I have downgrade again to previous version and now it's all ok.

Message 3 of 14
RafS
Apprentice

I had issues when i first upgraded to 6.3.7.5 as well, all devices were showing as N.A. in the app and speeds were slow as well.  What solved it for me was to do a reset via 192.168.1.1 login, then load the firmware again on each satellite, then the router, power everything off, and set everything up from scratch. It’s a pain to do and took about 90 minutes since I have some devices that have assigned IP addresses but everything has been up for about 2 weeks now without one issue.  I was on a beta firmware before this and it was not a good experience so this is definitely a very pleasant change for everything to work like it did when I originally bought these.

Message 4 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure that the RBS are updated BEFORE the RBR is.

Mines on current v6.3.7.5v code and ran well for over 10+ days fine. 

@expertgas wrote:

Hi all,

This night Orbi system has upgrade automatically the firmware (from V6.0.3.85 to -V6.3.7.5) and since this morning router (RBRE-960) doesn't see satellites (2X RBSE-960) no more.
No solutions to reconnect both satellites with new firmware.

Downgrade satellite 1 to old firmware (V6.0.3.85) and now i had reconnect successfully.

I'm a PC technician and I think that new firmware (V6.3.7.5) has BIG BIG BIG problems.

Please feedback analog situations. Thanks.

Simon

Message 5 of 14
expertgas
Aspirant

It's exactly what i've done. Satellites first. And, update of this morning. Even if i've disable automatic udates, this night Router and satellites has been upgrade automatically and the same problem of saturday morning is back !!! Now i'm updating manually... But this scenario is abolutely not good.

Moreover, with new firmware, wifi performance is very bad ad unstable.

Message 6 of 14
expertgas
Aspirant

Now in our store we have a problem with electronic price label. Since last update the prices don't update no more. Yesterday I've made an hard reset, but problem still remain. And i don't understand why after speding 1.700 euros, I must pay for a netgear technic assistance, where the problem is the new firmware. And in I downgrade and try to disable automatic updates, firmware upgrade itself anyway. For us it's A BIG PROBLEM.

Message 7 of 14
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @expertgas ,

Can we know how satellite(RBS960) connect to router(RBR960) ? wireless 2g or 5g or wired ?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 14
expertgas
Aspirant

Both wired (Cat. 6). All Netgear switches (1Gb and 10 Gb) are UNmanaged.

Message 9 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the CAT6 UTP or STP? STP is recommended if your using the 2.5Gb LAN Ports between the RBR and RBS.

What is the brand and model# of these un-managed switches? 

Message 10 of 14
expertgas
Aspirant

Before update, it was ALL ok. Also with UTP cables. Best mesh of all district, until updates !!!

Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.
Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. 

Message 12 of 14
expertgas
Aspirant

All you suggested was done. Now also wifi performance are very bad, or no data in wifi but only in ethernet.

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

How do you have the Basic and Advanced Wireless settings configured? 

Are you using mixed mode WPA2/WPA3? 

What channels are you using? 

Is the Separate IoT and 6Ghz SSID networks enabled? 

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7