Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR 850 device connectivity

gerardw
Initiate

RBR 850 device connectivity

I briefly tried another router, but was unhappy and went back to my Orbi RBR 850.

Some devices (Sonos sound system and security camera system) no longer connect to my Orbi router. They don't show up on the list of devices appearing on the iOS app. The other 12 devices work fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Message 1 of 8

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Those things are different from the standard Netgear routers covered in this section.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

@gerardw wrote:

I briefly tried another router, but was unhappy and went back to my Orbi RBR 850.

Some devices (Sonos sound system and security camera system) no longer connect to my Orbi router. They don't show up on the list of devices appearing on the iOS app. The other 12 devices work fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@gerardw wrote:

Message 4 of 8
gerardw
Initiate

Thanks for asking. The answer is yes and no. I had a technician come and look at the camera system and he was able to connect it to the wifi. The sonos network magically reappeared in the list of devices, then disappeared again after a few days. I am now using a wired ethernet connection between sonos and orbi and that at least seems to work.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Sonos has there own wifi so this could be one issue. I believe historically users should use ethernet connection with Sonos.

Also check out CTS Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings and set to 2347 if you seem to have other wifi issues. 

Message 6 of 8

Everything is totally unreliable at the moment with RBK850 after the forced FW update (not tested by NG and fully of critical issues. Writing this comment I get constantly kicked off the Wifi. Data in the IOS app is not thrustworty either, and directly false. My wireless iphone and iPad shows as cabled. You cannot thrust was FW version you in reality are on and so forth. So no wonder that you are experincing these connectivity problems. No responses at all official from Netgear - of course. Incompetent product management. Probaly Agile development - where they forget QA. Look around in the community - it is a mess

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make a new post and include all of your information and will see if we can help you get yours running better. This thread is mostly solved and is regarding also a SONOS system as well. 

So lets post a new topic for you and will go from there.

Its already known there are problems with v4. 

Thank you. 

@EagleLanded wrote:

Everything is totally unreliable at the moment with RBK850 after the forced FW update (not tested by NG and fully of critical issues. Writing this comment I get constantly kicked off the Wifi. Data in the IOS app is not thrustworty either, and directly false. My wireless iphone and iPad shows as cabled. You cannot thrust was FW version you in reality are on and so forth. So no wonder that you are experincing these connectivity problems. No responses at all official from Netgear - of course. Incompetent product management. Probaly Agile development - where they forget QA. Look around in the community - it is a mess

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7