Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 850 how to Daisy chain

PersonalJesus1
Initiate

RBR 850 how to Daisy chain

I am looking to daisy chain a satellite 850 to another satelite 850 vs going to the main router.  Looking to increase my range.  Its my understanding that this is possible, but looking to get insight on how to set up.  Thanks, Steve

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR 850 how to Daisy chain

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Chuck_M
Mentor

I believe that the 850 automatically will determine if daisy chain is necessary to implement.  Please try it and let us know.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Placement is key. 30 feet or more in between the RBR and RBS. Recommend to place each RBS out a distance in a line from each other. Then turn ON the nearest RBS closest to the RBR and let it sync. Onces it's synced, turn ON the next RBS out from the RBS thats now online and synced. Same thing if you have a 3rd RBS. Check the RBRs web page to ensure all RBS are online and connected. Check the Orbi app to see the daisy chain RBS configuration. There will be a line from the RBR to the RBS to the next RBS connected in the chain seen on the app. 

@Chuck_M wrote:

I believe that the 850 automatically will determine if daisy chain is necessary to implement.  Please try it and let us know.

Message 3 of 5
PersonalJesus1
Initiate

Chuck_M. You were right. I just needed to set up the 2nd satellite with the main router then move it to the desired location. It automatically daisy chained. Perfect solution. No more dead spot in my back bedroom. Thanks!!
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7