Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750: Firmware Update Service Unreachable for the 2 Satellites That Came With It

philthethrill
Aspirant

RBR750: Firmware Update Service Unreachable for the 2 Satellites That Came With It

I have an AX4200|RBR750 Orbi WiFi 6 router with 2 satellites that I got from Costco about 2 years ago. I tried doing a manual update because on the Orbi app it said "There was a problem checking firmware update." On the update page it said the service is unreachable for the 2 satellites. I have included a screenshot. What can I do to fix this issue? My computer is a Mac Mini M1 that I got from Costco last year. It's running macOS Monterey 12.3.1. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 10.40.08 AM.jpeg

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR750: Firmware Update Service Unreachable for the 2 Satellites That Came With It

have you tried hardwiring them in to update? 

Are they showing as connected in the attached devices page? 

Message 2 of 8
philthethrill
Aspirant

Re: RBR750: Firmware Update Service Unreachable for the 2 Satellites That Came With It

They're showing up in the attached devices page as being connected. I can't hardwire the satellites. I gave away all of my ethernet cables except one, so that's not an option for me. 

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to get a ethernet cable and connect the RBS to the RBR to get them updated. I presume you may have auto updated the system and it messed up by not updating the RBS properly as the RBS need to updated first before the RBR is updated. So possible the auto update system is not finding the newer FW which it should. Historically auto update has not been great for users. You'll have to manually update the RBS after they are ethernet connected to the RBR. 

Message 4 of 8
philthethrill
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion. I bought Ethernet cables, and I attached both of the RBS to the RBR. I attached a screenshot that shows the results of the update check. I thought that the RBS firmware version would match the RBR firmware version, but that was not the case. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 2.15.38 PM.jpeg

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

I'd leave it as is if you can get them to sync with the router successfully. 
I know there's a newer version of firmware for the satellites but its being pushed in batches. 

And I wouldn't downgrade the firmware currently on the router. 

Message 6 of 8
philthethrill
Aspirant

I tried to update the firmware for the satellites manually, but it failed. It said, "Firmware could not be updated. Please check your file." I'm going to take your advice, and just leave the router and the satellites alone. Thanks for reassuring me that an update is coming for the satellites. Thanks to you and FURRYe38, my problem with updating my router and satellites has been solved. The router and satellites are working in sync, and I'm very happy with my Wi-Fi coverage. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you be sure to unpack the .zip files before selecting the actual FW file? 

Did you use the RBS web page to update the RBS FW? Not the RBRs web page. 

What web browser are you using? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7