Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 - Power cycling issues

CCADNG
Aspirant

RBR750 - Power cycling issues

Hi All,

I have lost wifi connectivity whenever the device is powercycled, initially i didnt know what to do to get back wifi so i had to factory reset multiple times, after a support case troubleshooting which asked me to do MAC spoofing worked as turn around and was determined as a hardware issue from Netgear support, i got a new RBR750 but i still have same issue with powercycling.

Comcast XB7 Bridge Mode to RBR750 - Firmware : V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

NG says they have not heard this issue from other users, can someone help me to see if this really not an issue with everyone or is it issue with only my hardware/software.

@FURRYe38 @CrimpOn Can you guys please help me with this issue

Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR750 - Power cycling issues

@CCADNG wrote:

I have lost wifi connectivity whenever the device is powercycled,

There is a technical difference between losing WiFi connectivity and losing access to the internet. When this happens

• Devices are unable to connect to the Orbi WiFi?... or
  • They connect to the Orbi WiFi, but cannot access the internet?
    (for example, a device could open the web page http://orbilogin.net (or perhaps http://192.168.1.1)

By MAC spoofing, which option did Netgear have you use on the Internet setup page for "Router MAC Address"?

Where did you get the MAC address to enter?

Is there a reason the Orbi is powercycled often?  (Mine can go six months without a reboot.)

Did Netgear support "close" this case?  (None of us on the forum have equipment purchased recently enough to qualify for that 90 day support window and are jealous of those of you who can contact support)

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What do you mean by powercycling? Are you turning OFF the RBR then back ON, or is the RBR rebooting on it's own? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

You might reivew this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-v...

@CCADNG wrote:

Hi All,

I have lost wifi connectivity whenever the device is powercycled, initially i didnt know what to do to get back wifi so i had to factory reset multiple times, after a support case troubleshooting which asked me to do MAC spoofing worked as turn around and was determined as a hardware issue from Netgear support, i got a new RBR750 but i still have same issue with powercycling.

Comcast XB7 Bridge Mode to RBR750 - Firmware : V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

NG says they have not heard this issue from other users, can someone help me to see if this really not an issue with everyone or is it issue with only my hardware/software.

Message 3 of 7
CCADNG
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply @CrimpOn , my devices are connected to OrbiWifi but no Internet, we moved to new home and i am trying to install some IOT devices and have to switch the power off/on multiple times, also the placement changes to accomodate where it belongs.

I am shocked to see it doesnt connect back seamlessly.

Message 4 of 7
CCADNG
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply @FURRYe38 

As i mentioned we moved to new home and had to switch off power on/off for various reasons (placement/install other smart switches etc.)

I have Xfinity Comcast XB7 in bridge mode to connect to Orbi, let me know if there is anything i can provide to help me resolve my issue

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

You might update FW and see if this helps. v14 has long caused problems for most users.

Message 6 of 7
ekhalil
Master

It will be useful to see what your Internet Settings in Orbi:

Please login the web interface and kindly provide a screenshot of the page under >> ADVANCED >> Setup >> Internet Setup >>

It's likely that this information disappears after power recycling?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7