Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR750 Problem

msfurry
Tutor

RBR750 Problem

I have RBR750 w/ 2 satellites that had worked flawlessly until recently. I think it began with the latest firmware update,

I’ve tried resetting the modem and router several times. I tried rebooting the router from the app. I was on the phone with my ISP last night, I again reset the modem with them; they couldn’t identify a problem.

HELP! Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?  I need a good wifi to work from home.

Thank you

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

@msfurry wrote:

I'm sorry.  The problem is I can't reach the Internet.

Do you have a computer or laptop that can be connected directly to the ISP modem.  That will confirm that the ISP is correct about the modem working correctly.

When the Orbi router is powered on, the ring light at the top should go through some color patterns for about 2-3 minutes and end with glowing either blue or magenta for three minutes.  What happens when you turn it off and back on?  (I know it seems like an eternity.)

Do you use the Orbi 'app' or the Orbi web interface to administer the system?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

It would help if you describe the problem.  Does the entire system fail to provide WiFi? Does it disconnect from the internet? Do some web sites not load?  "problem" doesn't provide much information.

Message 2 of 10
msfurry
Tutor

Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

@msfurry wrote:

Do you have a computer or laptop that can be connected directly to the ISP modem.  That will confirm that the ISP is correct about the modem working correctly.

When the Orbi router is powered on, the ring light at the top should go through some color patterns for about 2-3 minutes and end with glowing either blue or magenta for three minutes.  What happens when you turn it off and back on?  (I know it seems like an eternity.)

Do you use the Orbi 'app' or the Orbi web interface to administer the system?

Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.

@msfurry wrote:

I have RBR750 w/ 2 satellites that had worked flawlessly until recently. I think it began with the latest firmware update,

I’ve tried resetting the modem and router several times. I tried rebooting the router from the app. I was on the phone with my ISP last night, I again reset the modem with them; they couldn’t identify a problem.

HELP! Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?  I need a good wifi to work from home.

Thank you

Message 5 of 10
msfurry
Tutor

It now works!

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

So do you know how the problem was corrected? 

@msfurry wrote:

It now works!

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 10
msfurry
Tutor

Not really.  I left it alone for a while then followed CrimpOn suggestions.

Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 9 of 10
msfurry
Tutor

I almost forgot...thank you Mr. CrimpOn 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements