Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 VLAN tag group satellite ports

sunwalker
Aspirant

RBR750 VLAN tag group satellite ports

When I add a VLAN tag group and select a port, is the VLAN tag also forwared to the satellite? 

Current situation: the RBR750 is connected to a GS308EP switch at a port with a 802.1q vlan id 10. The switch (WAN) port is connected to a router (tagged uplink). 

There is one device connectd on a satellites LAN port, and this port should be assigned to a vlan with tag 30. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR750 VLAN tag group satellite ports

@sunwalker wrote:

When I add a VLAN tag group and select a port, is the VLAN tag also forwared to the satellite? 

Current situation: the RBR750 is connected to a GS308EP switch at a port with a 802.1q vlan id 10. The switch (WAN) port is connected to a router (tagged uplink). 

There is one device connectd on a satellites LAN port, and this port should be assigned to a vlan with tag 30. Is this possible?

The residential Orbi products do not support VLAN tagging.  The only mention of VLAN on the Orbi is in the context of IPTV where the ISP uses a VLAN tag to identify TV and the user router is supposed to bypass Network Address Translation (NAT).  As far as I can tell, this capability is only in terms of the  router, and the user must use the VLAN tag required by the ISP.  It is definitely not a typical VLAN capability.

See page 74 of the User Manual:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK752/RBK752_UM_EN.pdf 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR750 VLAN tag group satellite ports

@sunwalker wrote:

The residential Orbi products do not support VLAN tagging.  The only mention of VLAN on the Orbi is in the context of IPTV where the ISP uses a VLAN tag to identify TV and the user router is supposed to bypass Network Address Translation (NAT).  As far as I can tell, this capability is only in terms of the  router, and the user must use the VLAN tag required by the ISP.  It is definitely not a typical VLAN capability.

See page 74 of the User Manual:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK752/RBK752_UM_EN.pdf 

Message 2 of 3
sunwalker
Aspirant

Betreff: RBR750 VLAN tag group satellite ports

Thanks for this info!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos