Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 disconnects

kirden2007
Follower

RBR750 disconnects

I have Orbi RBR750 and  started having the same issue right around that time (February 2023) as well. It would randomly disconnect from internet overnight and I had to reboot it every other day. I hadn't logged in to the orbi app for a while and lost a password. To regain the access, I was forced to factory reset and to do a brand new set up. Once I did that, I was prompted to update to the firmware version V4.6.14.3. It worked for a day and then dropped connection again. It seems like it's dropping the connection every other night. This morning, my friend, who also has exact same Orbi RBR750 mesh system, which we bought at the same time as it was my recommendation, told me that he has the same issue. My guess is Netgear is forcing its customers to retire this system and buy new. That is exactly what what Apple was caught doing a couple of years back intentionally slowing down older iPhones and forcing its customers to buy new hardware. There is no other explanation that so many people would start having the same issue around the same time. This is a shady practice by Netgear and if proven, you they might get in a lot of legal trouble and negative publicity. I might consider going away from Netgear because this is unacceptable. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 disconnects

How was FW updated on the system? Thru Orbi app or manaully thru the RBR and RBS web pages? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Does the Front LED turn PINK when this happens. 

How many RBS are deployed if any? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

I just took a RBK752 off line from being online sucessfully for 7+ days of good uptime. No issues seen on this version of FW with any disconnects from a CAX80 in modem mode:

7PlusDaysUptime.png

1 RBS750 ethernet connected to the RBR with Gb switches in the middle. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series