Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 firmware woes

camattin1
Follower

RBR750 firmware woes

(Side note: Love how the model drop-down doesn't recognize RBR750 as a valid model even though that's the only model number given on the product page and in the admin interface!)

First problem is that new firmware was indeed released for the RBR750/RBS750 on 3/24. But in the web admin interface the router itself is reporting now new firmware.

Second problem is that when attempting to update the satellites they are both REJECTING the firmware file. And it's impossible to get logs from the satellites, so here I am, wanting the bugs they mentioned specifically for the satellites fixed, and there's not a thing I can do about it.

I've been a big fan of the Orbis since the early days, have had several friends and family buy them on my recommendation, but the lack of quality assurance and support being practically non-existent, I'm going to have to stop doing that. And probably start shopping for alternatives. I need products that work and work well. And can get security updates!

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 firmware woes

@camattin1 wrote:

(Side note: Love how the model drop-down doesn't recognize RBR750 as a valid model even though that's the only model number given on the product page and in the admin interface!)

No need to use the model drop down. Thats going away. It's not needed to post in the forums.

First problem is that new firmware was indeed released for the RBR750/RBS750 on 3/24. But in the web admin interface the router itself is reporting now new firmware.

Some FW version may not be posted to the Auto update services. You can manually update FW in these cases:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

Second problem is that when attempting to update the satellites they are both REJECTING the firmware file. And it's impossible to get logs from the satellites, so here I am, wanting the bugs they mentioned specifically for the satellites fixed, and there's not a thing I can do about it.

Manually update the RBS first using the downloaded FW files and included links on how to update FW on the RBS and RBR. Update the RBR lastly. All this using a wired PC and web browser.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7