Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 w/ 2 satellites dropping internet.

Stevenpost
Follower

RBR750 w/ 2 satellites dropping internet.

I have RBR750 w/ 2 satellites that had worked flawlessly until recently. I think it began with the latest firmware update, my wife thinks it was before that. We get continuous dropped internet on all the computers, the TVs and Sonos don’t seem affected for some reason. I’ve tried resetting the modem and router several times. I tried rebooting the router from the app. I was on the phone with my ISP last night, I again reset the modem with them; they couldn’t identify a problem. HELP! Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 w/ 2 satellites dropping internet.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

FW same version on RBS as whats loaded on the RBR? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on RBS wait for them to connect.

Try turning OFF 1 RBS while running just one RBS. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor. 

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7